Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Quality Supervisors are responsible for the administration of all aspects of the plant’s Quality program by working with the quality, production, logistics and management personnel. This role may be responsible for the day to day activities of the Quality department personnel, monitoring of compliance to internal quality systems, and facilitation of quality performance awareness and improvement throughout the workforce.
The primary duties of a Quality Supervisor include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participates in plant staff, shift, CQI, QA and safety meetings, and conducts regular departmental meetings and departmental training based on needs assessment.
- Assists in hiring, training and directing the daily activities of the plant quality staff based on the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Monitors and provides feedback on the compliance of individuals to internal quality system requirements, provide individual training and improvement goals for those not meeting quality requirements.
- Implements and monitors inspection plans and systems to ensure compliance to customer specifications, elimination of defects and improvement of performance.
- Evaluates and develops operating procedures and controls for automatic and manual inspection devices.
- Communicates on a regular basis any customer issues and overall plant quality performance to plant personnel.
- Communicates with customers and suppliers regarding quality issues, sampling, new product development and ongoing improvement efforts.
- Maintains measuring and test equipment, including calibration and recommendations for replacements as needed.
- Supports the ongoing development of SPC program, including training.
- Oversees customer complaint response and tracking system and monitors complaint type and frequency to verify effectiveness of corrective actions.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related quality experience; or equivalent combination of education and related quality experience is required. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a quality lead, supervisory, or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Quality Supervisors are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.