Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 20 miles north west of Chicago, Franklin Park is just south of O'Hare Airport and is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 18,333 at the 2010 census.
The plant was began plastics production in 1973 manufactures APET, and has approximately 200 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality
- Typically supervises 50 plus employees
- Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees
- Planning, assigning & directing work
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding & disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints & resolving problems
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis
- Support & improve upon Quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary
- BA/BS degree preferred (business, engineering)
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well in group situations
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner
- Good computer skills
- SAP experience preferred