WW International, Inc.New York (Remote) Florida (Remote) Washington (Remote) San Francisco, CA (Remote) Pennsylvania (Remote)a month ago
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
We are seeking people excited to join our team as a Quality Engineer during our transformation. This is a rare opportunity to help change the culture and approach of the organization.
- Advocate for Shift Left best practices to build quality into our applications early in the software development lifecycle
- Participate in backlog grooming and sprint planning advocating for ticket estimates to include testing complexity and effort (functional & non-functional requirements)
- Champion our member experience by vetting acceptance criteria and designs to include all use/edge cases to avoid roadblocks and rework during test executions
- Brief Product Manager and team in standup on any major issues found during testing and advocate for timely delivery of user stories and defect fixes to avoid testing crunch at the end of the sprint
- Leverage our tools, Slack and G-Suite, to facilitate communication & follow up on outstanding sprint commitments
- Create and own a test strategy that outlines test case management, manual vs. automated scenarios, and how we are measuring the impact of our quality efforts over time
- Ensure that the Product Manager and team understand all critical open issues and potential impact to members while advocating for deployments free of critical defects
- Support deployments and outages
Develop, maintain, and execute a robust automation suite of backend and front-end tests for our applications:
- Design and develop automated test suites that holistically test features and functionality through application backend & front-end
- Provide test transparency through reviews & demos with developers, scrum masters, product managers
- Produce regular reports and metrics on the status and quality of software releases
- Protect the integrity of our automated test repositories by participating in the peer review process
- Ensure that any issue found in production becomes an automated test
- Develop and demo proof of concepts (POCs) with new technologies to help evolve our automation strategy
Contribute to our culture:
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of Quality Engineers
- Cultivate an onsite-offshore partnership
- Build relationships with developers, designers, scrum masters, product managers, recruiters, people partners, etc.
- Own a career trajectory & develop transferable skills: writing, speaking, mentoring, coaching
Elevate the Quality Engineering brand:
- Maintain a leading edge understanding of Quality Assurance
- Participate in demos, lunch & learns, :, meetups, and bug bashes
- Volunteer in WW’s Girls Who Code partnership program
- Contribute to growing our team by co-hosting recruiting events, reviewing candidate code submissions, and joining interview panels
- Foundation of at least 1 object-oriented / functional / multi-paradigm language
- Web automation - Selenium, knowledge of RSpec / Capybara, Cypress
- Mobile automation - experience writing automated UI tests for iOS using XCTest (Swift) or Android using Espresso (Java / Kotlin)
- Familiarity with API testing, RESTful design / best practices. Hands on experience testing APIs & writing API level tests (Dredd, RestAssured), test tools Charles, Postman, Advanced Rest Client
- Conscious of load / stress / performance testing and tools (Scala / Gatling) & how load testing fits in to the SDLC
- Experience with Git/GitHub, using GitFlow, familiarity with incorporating CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis, and CircleCI.
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required.
- Aware of cloud computing technologies such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Bachelors in Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background
At WW, it is our priority to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed as individuals, as an organization, and as fellow humans, to advocate for and support our employees, our members, and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.