Quality Control Analyst
TilrayLeamington, ON17 days ago
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Analyst will perform laboratory activities including analysis of raw materials, finished products, stability and R&D samples using approved test methods, as well as troubleshoot instrumentation and out of specification investigations. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and willing to work as part of a team. This position will be located at our Leamington ON. facility.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
- Prepare samples and conduct testing as per standard test procedures.
- Conduct environmental monitoring of the facility as per established SOPs.
- Operates instrumentation and associated software.
- Plans assigned work efficiently and executes while ensuring target timelines are met.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy in sample preparation and analysis.
- Document test results, calculations, and observations as per established SOPs.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and methodologies when mechanical or procedural difficulties occur.
- Follow laboratory safety rules and regulations.
- Identifies and communicates non-conformances to Quality Control Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Assist with validation and verification of new methods as needed.
- Dispose of analyzed samples and follow proper biohazardous waste procedures.
- Manage and maintain equipment, supplies, and cannabis inventory.
- Ensure laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Ensure the integrity and traceability of all generated and reported data.
- Perform any related tasks assigned by the Quality Control Supervisor and/or Manager
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma with a focus in microbiology required.
- Experience working with qPCR strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements or GPP requirements an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills.
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- Due to the nature of the business and working with controlled substances, all new employees will be required to complete a background check prior to starting work. This may include: verifying work references, validating all credentials and criminal record checks.
- It is a requirement that the selected Candidate be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer is presented.
Inclusivity and Accommodation: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.