Quality Assurance Specialist
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a very well organized and detail-oriented individual to join our quality team. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of a team, we want to hear from you!
- Revise and create Standard Operating Procedures that align to site and corporate requirements according to the Change Control procedure in the QMS
- Tracking and trending KPI data
- Review and approval of input materials, equipment, premises, and standard operating procedures
- Compiling and reviewing lot release reports
- Supplier Qualification for Grow Materials / Vendors
- Participating in internal and external audits when required
- Working collaboratively with members of the Operations team to improve processes and optimize productivity. Ensuring timely response to potential lot release impact with corrections and their timelines
- Supporting continuous improvement projects
- Training new Quality Assurance team members on new procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- College or University degree in a relevant scientific field is desired
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Good Documentation Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and Cannabis Regulations an asset
- Experience reviewing and revising regulated documents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in a fast-paced working environment where time management, organization and problem solving were key skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience with ERP systems (Sage or SAP) considered an asset
This is a full-time role based out of Tiverton, ON.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.