Quality Analyst II
Where you will work
The Lewiston mill is the largest of Clearwater Paper’s facilities, producing both paperboard and tissue product, and boasting over 1200 talented employees. Approximately two hours away from Clearwater Paper’s headquarters in Spokane, Washington, the Lewiston paper mill is a key component in Clearwater Paper’s business strategy. This location offers employees an opportunity to learn both sides of the business while influencing key business decisions and outcomes.
Located on the border of Idaho and Washington, Lewiston provides a host of opportunities for those who love the outdoors including fishing, boating, camping, and skiing. There are several social and civic opportunities to participate in including Boys & Girls Club, Twin County United Way, Lewis Clark Partners Habitat for Humanity, and more. Clearwater Paper values involvement with the community and the partnerships created as a result. Lewiston is in close proximity to the University of Idaho, Washington State University, and Lewis-Clark State College, as well as several strong K-12 school districts.
What you will do
IPP Quality Management System - ISO 9001:2015
- Act as ISO 9001:2015 Site Leader and liaison with certifying body, coordinating internal and third-party audits.
- Maintain mill-level quality management system documentation and monitor/assist with department-level documentation and procedures.
- Lead Management Review process.
- Audit and report on system execution gaps to the Quality Manager.
IPP Product Specifications & Standards
- Administer and manage the finished product & base paper specifications databases.
- Audit specifications for accuracy.
- Manage the specification change process.
- Administer changes in databases and Parcview related to grade codes and specifications.
- Assist in regular review of product specifications with Manufacturing, Technical, and Marketing.
- Maintain current Finished Products Visual Standards of paperboard quality.
- Provide assessments of operator accuracy in performing paperboard quality testing.
- Participate in the Customer Trial Process ensuring proper standards and specifications are in place.
IPP Food Safety System – FSSC 22000
- Act as FSSC 9001:2015 Site Leader and liaison with certifying body, coordinating internal and third-party audits.
- Lead the Food Safety Team.
- Maintain Food Safety documentation, including HACCP plan, and risk assessments.
- Monitor department GMP audits.
- Subject Matter Expert on test equipment and proper testing procedures, provide training to operators.
- Monitor the performance of test equipment and recommend upgrades/replacements as needed.
- Ensure instruments maintain calibration to traceable standards. Work with Instrument Dept.
- Manage replacement parts and service programs with test equipment vendors.
- Coordinate consistent testing protocols with Arkansas mill.
- Initiate or participate in lab-to-lab round-robin testing comparison studies.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Working with the Quality Process Engineer, use data collection and analysis techniques to monitor test accuracy, quality trends, shift-to-shift variation, and make recommendations to correct deficiencies.
- Collect, analyze, and report data as requested regarding quality metrics.
Quality Support & Improvement
- Work with the quality team to identify, design, and implement improvements to quality systems, processes, procedures, documents, etc.
- Provide support to Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and others as needed regarding product specifications, product capability and adherence to regulations (FDA, Cal Prop 65, BfR, etc).
- Lead Quality Training programs for New Hire Orientation.
- Lead or assist with method development efforts for new Product Evaluation and Testing techniques.
What you will need
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Management Technology, or equivalent education required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a quality, technical, or similar role required.
- In lieu of education requirement, a minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Lab experience, quality systems, and paper industry knowledge are preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience and skill with an intermediate level of data analysis and statistics knowledge
- Team-oriented, strong interpersonal skills, and able to work well with others
- General office environment and high-speed manufacturing environment. Able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and follow all safety standards while in the manufacturing environment
- The industrial environment includes dust, loud noise, extreme temperatures
- Minimal travel required, up to 5%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)