PlayStationPlaya Vista, CA2 months ago
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play —it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We're looking for a QA Lead to assist in development testing!
The QA Test Lead is responsible for the direct operational test coverage administration of their assigned projects. The position will oversee title test planning, organization, coverage, execution, staffing and communication. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable and mature demeanor in supporting the development team.
- Develop, implement and assign master test plans and incorporate them into the software testing process.
- Primary ownership, administration and communication of all QA related project data and associated risks for all assigned projects.
- Primary ownerships in operational training, development, performance management and delegation to assigned Senior Test Analysts and Testers.
- Perform validation and exploratory development test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform technical analysis of underlying code and data to identify and resolve core causes of technical issues.
- Perform direct technical support of build pipeline and advanced tools to the development team.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform build deployment, scheduling and reporting.
- Collaborate work across disciplines within the development team to help drive project to completion.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
- Oversee management of project databases for assigned titles.
- Oversee tasking and execution of all operational testing for assigned projects.
- Collaborate work across disciplines to help drive project to completion.
- Direct and assist in QA administrative and support requests.
- Support diagnosing errors and breakdowns in development pipeline and to perform technical support as needed.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of QA industry trends and techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years in Senior Tester Analyst or equivalent position.
- Successfully shipped at least 2 global titles on PlayStation platforms as a QA Lead or equivalent position with demonstrated knowledge of each platform.
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
- Experience in quality assurance/control testing.
- Experience in advanced level testing techniques.
- Experience with DevSuite & JIRA database systems.
- Expertise in QA/QC analytics.
- Expertise in remote team management.
- BS Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Communications, BA in Project Management, Business Intelligence, or QA related field prefered
- Successful completion, certification and application of ISQTB® Intermediate & Advanced Level CTAL preferred.
- Passion for video games.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.