QA Engineer Lead
AMDMarkham, Ontario, CA11 days ago
The Core Team of Software QA is looking for an QA Engineer for leading QA activities for one of the domains of graphics drivers. As a QA Lead, you will perform and/or oversee the test planning and scoping of tests in addition to reviewing the existing test case and recommend the development of new test cases (manual and scripted test instructions) for the features/test requirements assigned to them in addition to working with the QA product owner to populate and maintain coverage map for projects. Any prior software or firmware development or testing experience will be a strong asset to have.
- Be accountable for driver release testing on assigned programs.
- Improve and simplify driver stack release testing flow resulting in improved Radeon driver release quality.
- Lead and build AMD graphics driver test automation infrastructure and deploy test farm in the lab
- Mentor and guide daily work of junior engineers in test execution engineers
- Explore technical development direction of QA functions.
- Evaluate to automate tests that programmatically access the functionality.
- Review automated test scripts developed from manual tests.
- Review and get approval for all test case content built with the development team that drives the feature implementation.
- Conduct code reviews (when required) and change lists associated with the feature implementation and defect fixes.
- Guide session testing (free play) for a feature when the project plan needs it.
- Should have industry experience of 7-10 years in software test techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in leading teams on validation projects will be a plus.
- Should have a good conceptual understanding of OS internals and PC/server subsystems is highly preferred.
- Sophisticated experience with graphics subsystems is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with requirement management tools, such as Jira and Confluence is an advantage.
- Should possess good problem solving, critical thinking, time management, and prioritization skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent from a university.
- Candidates without a Computer Science degree but with proven experience are welcome to apply.