BAO Systems is looking for a QA Engineer to join our Federal Services Team in Washington, D.C., working on a high profile $5 billion per year, multi-agency, multi-team program to work on large US Government international public health projects. The QA Engineer will support development teams in functional and automation testing of developed solutions as part of an Agile Scrum development team. The QA Engineer will build automated test suites to conduct all types of testing needs, including unit, smoke, integration, regression, API, security, performance, and acceptance tests.
The team follows behavior-driven testing (BDT) to describe our test cases and allow for streamlined automation using Gherkin. These BDT files are used to drive our functional automation in addition to providing documentation. The QA Engineer will support automation in a number of programming languages (Java, JS, Python) to allow development teams to use and support their own test code bases.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and run test automation scripts
- Conduct manual testing, as required
- Collaborate with Software Developers and analysts
- Investigate issues, bugs, and feedback as they arise
- Prepare reports and analysis
- Use test automation frameworks to conduct unit, smoke, integration, regression, API, security, performance, and acceptance tests.
- 5+ years experience working with automation testing tools Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience using test automation frameworks to conduct unit, smoke, integration, regression, API, security, performance, and acceptance tests
- Prior experience with Behavior-Driven Development
- Prior experience testing data and analytics solutions (ETL testing, Business Intelligence) a plus
- Ability to obtain Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance
- US Government experience or International Public Health Background
About BAO Systems
BAO Systems is an industry leader in digital data solutions for health and development. We empower our partners to implement scalable and sustainable solutions that uncover data-driven insights to improve livelihoods, strengthen health systems, and achieve equitable human development.
Our team comprises passionate public health and development practitioners, information system experts, software engineers, system engineers, monitoring and evaluation advisors, and data scientists. We excel in providing a broad spectrum of services and products. For more information, please visit www.baosystems.com
This position is contingent on contract award.
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.