New York, NY
WHO WE ARE:
The tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create and manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA and product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems and making the most of our time!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
As a QA Engineer at Bark, you’ll be working closely with our product managers, software engineers, and designers throughout all stages of the software development life cycle. You should be able to use a variety of technical skills and tools to fully test a feature. You should have high standards for quality but know when not to be pedantic about it.
- Work with your product squad throughout all stages of the software lifecycle. Raise questions and concerns in the early planning stages of a project and actively participate in team meetings and tech kickoffs as a representative of QA
- Build out test plans for new features collaboratively with Product Managers and Engineers.
- Be the owner of quality on your squad, make sure processes are being followed correctly and raise tech or environment issues that inhibit testing.
- Help write and maintain automated tests.
- 2+ years QA Engineering experience, including testing on backend and frontend
- A desire to kick the tires of new things and figure out how to break them
- High-level systems thinking that helps you see how changing thing A might affect seemingly unrelated thing B
- Able to write detailed test plans
- Comfort with command line
- Experience working with Github
- Experience with Rails and RSpec
- Experience writing automated tests
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC and Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.