QA Automation Engineer
Medium’s mission is to deepen understanding of the world and spread ideas that matter. Medium is building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to play a pivotal role in testing both Medium’s website and its mobile applications.
What will you do?
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Plan and coordinate testing activities, thoroughly identifying and documenting bugs.
- Build and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Collaborating with QA and Engineering on introducing and modifying testing processes.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Review debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Maintain relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies.
Who are you?
- 5+ years’ experience building and maintaining automation for web or native mobile apps as a QA Engineer or similar role
- Experience with API testing
- Web 3 knowledge or experience a plus
- Significant experience of working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools.
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Significant experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development principles.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a bonus.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.