10 Week - Full-Time Paid Summer Internship
Runs from June 13th 2022 - Aug 12th 2022
Candidates must be located in the Los Angeles area and comfortable coming into the office.
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for an intern to join the Publishing team in our Los Angeles office.
This role will allow a student to gain knowledge about music publishing and get experience in the department while learning from publishing executives.
- Learn more about Music Publishing and the types of deals we’re working on
- Evaluate talent analytics and notify upper management of potential talent partnerships
- Attend talent meetings
- Attend A&R meetings
- Contribute to recording session ideas for existing roster
- Help with operational planning and execution
- Must be a current student or recent graduate from an accredited university
- Must be able to commit to working 40hrs/week for 10 weeks (June 13th - Aug 19th)
- Basic knowledge about music publishing and the music industry
- Have a passion for independent creators and the SoundCloud platform
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Be passionate about music, have an interest across multiple genres; focus on up and coming talent is a plus
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.