The Coordinator, UCAN Film Publicity, will play a key role in supporting members of the UCAN Film publicity team in the LA office. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, resourceful, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude and is able to exercise sound judgment, effectively prioritize work, take initiative, and demonstrate strong and clear communication skills.
The publicity coordinator is responsible for the majority of the daily logistical functions of the team including, but not limited to: the upkeep of team documents, the booking of travel and glam for talent, working with personal talent reps, generating and maintaining talent schedules, day-to-day budget maintenance and invoice processing, assigning screeners/booking screenings, working events/screenings, organizing, collecting and distributing press breaks, coverage reports and campaign recaps as well as communication with reps, talent and filmmakers where needed.
This is an entry-level role. The successful candidate(s) for these teams will have:
- At least 1 year of communications-related experience in a studio, network, agency, brand, or similar organization.
- Passionate about the entertainment landscape with a strong working knowledge of social platforms and trends.
- You are a clear and concise communicator that can effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally; ideally you’ve practiced developing pitches, press facing materials and/or social content in an academic or professional setting
- Solid organizational skills, strong attention to detail, exhibit sound judgment, adept at multitasking and quick-thinking and flexible in the face of ambiguity
- You’re proactive, self-motivated, and embody & promote our company values every day
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match) and comprehensive benefits.
The Coordinator, Film Publicity reports to the Director, Film Publicity based in NY.