Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, thecreators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
CNN is seeking a talented Publicist to join our PR team in NYC! This fast-paced communications expert will work collaboratively within the CNN Worldwide communications teams to support the strategic publicity around programming.
- This role supports the 5 am to 12 pm EST programming block
- Hours are 5 am to 2 pm EST
- WBD has a hybrid work schedule - 3 days in the office and 2 days from home
- Flexible in-office arrival time of 10-11 am EST.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Support the strategic publicity efforts for CNN programming including talent management, drafting, and distributing guest listings, broadcast transcripts, video segments and ratings.
- Research and pitch creative placements, interviews, stories, and speaking opportunities for CNN journalists and anchors.
- Coordinate and strategize with teams across the division and wider communications team as necessary.
- Maintain accurate anchor bios, headshots, and fact sheets about anchors, journalists, and programs.
- Maintain mailing and press lists. Create targeted press lists based on bookings and news events.
- Partner on internal events and employee engagement activities. Support event planning and execution for industry and company events.
- Help manage PR campaigns for assigned projects from development to implementation, with oversight/guidance from the wider team.
- Regularly track media coverage and gather media recap reports.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 4-5 years of experience, preferably with a media, news, political or public relations organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and provide attention to detail.
- Strong, polished interpersonal skills and ability to work with talent and executives in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-player.
- Four-year college degree required.
- High-level proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Slack.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees.
Pay Range: $64,400.00 - $119,600.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.