Public Sector Business Development Representative
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum products and begin to familiarize yourself with common use cases. You’ll receive training on sales skills that will set you up for success
- First Month: You’ll learn how to conduct research on how to identify and contact prospective clients and key players in the Public Sector. You will learn methods of leveraging communication and research tools such as SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, Linkedin Navigator and Salesforce.com to design and execute lead generation campaigns via cold-calls, e-mail, and social media. You will schedule sales meetings with high-level decision makers in the public affairs industry
- First Six Months: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest in Quorum from many potential clients. You’ll receive training and professional development to help you build the foundation of your career in software sales.
- First Year: You will own execution for company-wide objectives that will build Quorum as a leader in the industry. You will become an expert on Quorum’s products, the public affairs and government relations industry, and the competitive landscape
- You have a minimum of one (1) year experience in a sales role as an individual contributor selling specifically to the Public Sector (State and Local governments, DoD, Federal/Civilian)
- You are experience in high volume of cold to warm outreach into the Public Sector
- You have demonstrated success in achieving/exceeding quotas month over month
- You are a strong communicator and can collaborate effectively with members of the marketing team to strategize outreach
- You have experience with outreach/research tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Zoominfo, Demandbase, etc.
- You have a keen ability to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with prospective clients and members of the Quorum team
- You are enthusiastic about contacting a high volume of prospect leads by phone and email to initiate and schedule conversations for your Account Executive
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who is results-driven and wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team by hitting your monthly targets
- You are interested in and excited by the prospect of learning about B2B sales
- You want to make a big impact on the growth of the company by setting a high volume of quality meetings with new prospective clients
- You are an active listener with boundless curiosity and are eager to learn
- You are passionate about helping our clients by matching their needs to Quorum’s capabilities
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a problem-solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You can easily adapt to change and growth and willing to try new things
About the Business Development Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until April 4th, 2022. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2022.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $82,000 per year (OTE is calculated based upon meetings completed and
- opportunities scheduled. High performance allows you to earn above and beyond the OTE.
- Base Salary: $65,000 per year
- Benefits: 401(k) match, trans-inclusive healthcare, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Business Development Representative role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.