Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Public Relations Specialist to join our Brand and Communications team. The Public Relations Specialist role will be pivotal in scaling and executing PR strategies reaching B2B, consumer, and corporate audience segments.
Responsibilities will include supporting media relations by creating compelling press releases, informative blog posts, and engaging social media content; managing a comprehensive, up-to-date media database; coordinating with internal teams to gather pertinent materials for PR initiatives; and monitoring media coverage through our comprehensive measurement portal, MuckRack.
The person in this role will conduct thorough research and analysis on industry trends and competitors, ensuring that Grammarly remains at the forefront of the latest news and developments, thus informing our strategic decisions. Additionally, this role will foster critical relationships with key journalists and industry influencers, contributing to the positive media coverage of Grammarly. Managing the company's press inbox, providing valuable recommendations on reactive opportunities, and maintaining an updated company press page will also be integral aspects of this position. Furthermore, the role will maintain a detailed PR team calendar of activities and ensure that the PR team's efforts are integrated into cross-functional marketing calendars, fostering collaboration and visibility across departments. The role will also assist in managing PR agency relationships to drive Grammarly's continued success and growth.
As Public Relations Specialist, you will scale our public relations program to enhance the company's reputation further externally. Our ambitious company goals demand us to get bolder, faster, and deliver consistent results—and this role is pivotal in helping the entire team up-level to meet these demands. This is especially important as the complexity of our business increases.
With this role, we will continue elevating Grammarly's public relations prowess and opportunity, creating the airspace to deliver increasingly ambitious media relations strategies more consistently, resulting in fewer missed opportunities and greater brand exposure.
Within your first 30 days, you will:
- Explore the company's long-term vision, strategic objectives, and business goals in-depth.
- Familiarize yourself with Grammarly's past PR campaigns and learn Grammarly's current media relations plans and processes.
- Learn about Grammarly's content strategy and product roadmap.
- Begin building relationships with key team members and agency partners.
- Attend relevant meetings involving cross functional teams and pods.
- Familiarize yourself with our media monitoring platform (Muck Rack).
- Learn the process for updating Grammarly's press pag, inbox protocols and response matrix.
Within your first 60 days, you will:
- Assume ownership/support of day-to-day media relations including supporting existing PR plans, managing press inbox, and updating press page.
- Create a comprehensive PR calendar outlining key 2024 news beats, campaigns, events, and more.
- Begin relationship-building with key reporters.
- Build and maintain a quarterly storytelling calendar, including formalizing a process for ongoing team input and alignment.
- Clean up and reorganize the PR drive.
- Own and operationalize a monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and measurement cadence that docks into the broader B&C team cadence.
Within your first 90 days, you will:
- Assume role in several developed PR strategies and contribute to PR Rolling Annual Plan adjusting as needed.
- Take ownership of ongoing reporting, including holding stakeholders accountable to their various contributions against clear timelines.
- Evaluate the role of events/conferences/awards in building Grammarly Business reputation & create supporting plans accordingly.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 3 or 4 weeks per quarter.
- Demonstrates exemplary written communication and ability to clearly and effectively articulate ideas and feedback verbally.
- Has impeccable project management skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy including follow-through.
- Bring experience identifying relevant reporters and media outlets, crafting compelling outreach, and getting them to engage on topics strategically relevant to Grammarly beyond product and company news.
- Has experience developing and executing a media strategy including product launches, data stories, and thought leadership in a tech company or as part of an agency supporting tech clients.
- Has the ability to convey a brand’s story in words and images in a way that emotionally and psychologically connects with the target audience.
- Understands and stays up-to-date on the evolving media landscape and cultural zeitgeist.
- Has the ability to quickly learn and apply learnings to effectively navigate the dynamic and fast-paced environment of startup culture and the evolving media landscape.
- Brings a foundational understanding of and experience with notable tech industry media/events/conferences/awards.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $102,000 – $123,000/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.