Public Relations Specialist
This role is responsible for executing PR/Marketing events, partnerships, and activations including community events, new store openings, HQ visits, and food showcases for media. The PR Specialist ensures that they are executed with excellence, drive traffic to our restaurants, impact our community, and elevate the KFC brand.
COMPENSATION:$72,300 - $85,000(Varies based on Skills & Experience)
- Executes marketing and PR events and activations, including vendor partnerships and collaborations, to drive brand awareness and support overall business goals.
- Support and execute marketing and PR events and activations for media and consumer experiences such as media/consumer events, media immersion trips to HQ, food tastings, and satellite media tours.
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendors & partners for events/activations.
- Support logistics and program execution for KFC brand in culture initiatives.
- Create content for PR and community relations events, such as event recaps for internal communications and LinkedIn posts.
- Plan grand opening events for corporate restaurant openings and conduct local media outreach to support.
- Assist with PR project management, timelines, and scheduling.
- Fosters strong relationships with external vendors, community partners, and franchisee teams.
- Coordinates with the PR manager to aggregate insights to further evolve events and partnership opportunities.
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with external agency partners.
- Coordinate event/activation logistics for multiple events simultaneously (including timeline management, vendor procurement + management, partnership agreements, and sourcing of event-related materials), supporting communication with external and internal parties.
- Oversee promo and partnership launch day activities, including onsite, day-of coordination.
- For all initiatives, ensure resources are in place, budgets are optimized, and projects are managed efficiently, flawlessly, and on time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s (B.A. or B.S.) in English, PR, or Marketing
- Four+years of marketing experience, including a minimum of 2 years of brand event or activation experience
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional and engaging experiences through brand activations
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the few brands in America that can boast about having a rich, 60-year history of success and innovation. In fact, KFC is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain and a division of Yum! Brands, the world’s largest restaurant company.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 45,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2018, Yum! Brands was recognized as part of the inaugural Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index.The company’s restaurant brands –KFC,Pizza HutandTaco Bell– are global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories.
More important than our size is our commitment to breakthrough innovation and the success of our employees. We're proud of the unique culture we've built, one where everyone can be their best self, make a difference and have fun! We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background.