Public Relations Specialist
- The primary mission of PEO IEW&S is to provide affordable, world class Sensor and Electronic Warfare capabilities enabling rapid
- situational understanding and decisive action. The HQ functional staff supports the Warfighter through seven Program Management (PM)
- offices and one Product (PD) Office.
The Public Relations Specialist will be located at APG, MD.
What you’ll do:
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsbile for the following but not limited to:
- Understands regulatory development and public input processes.
- Provides analysis, advice, and/or implementation assistance.
- Provides oversight and input on specific topics of interest to clients based on previous studies, research, program support, and professional experience.
- Provide final review or serve as a peer reviewer of technical documents.
- Plans and coordinates public affairs communication, events and activities to support the mission, objectives, and goals of the client’s organization helping to maintain the relationship between an organization and the public.
- Provides analysis, advice, and/or implementation assistance on the subject of anti-corruption, public administration, privatization, regulatory reform, public procurement, access to information, government ethics regimes, etc.
- Assisting in planning, developing, and implementing the organization’s public relations programs, policies, events, and activities to include correspondence, messaging, and campaigns that span the different levels of Project and Product Management.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Army and other Services to ensure effective communications and change-readiness capabilities are in place.
- Providing peer review of physical and virtual promotional materials and monitoring, reviewing, approving, and submitting items for public release.
- Collaborating and drafting articles with mission partners through newspapers, periodicals, and audio and visual communications media, including the Internet and outward facing websites.
- Assisting with Development of relevant content to reach target audiences.
- Reviewing published content; monitoring, listening and responding to users developing and expand community outreach efforts.
- Monitoring community activities and coordinating participation in events and public forums.
- Notify staff and subordinate organizations of journal articles, media days, videos, media trips, community events and outreach opportunities.
- Perform assignments in specialized areas of public relations activities such as press, radio, and TV relations, tradeshow relations and community relations.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience managing government relations.
- Experience in regulatory development.
- Experience with performing peer reviews.
- Experience with planning and coordinating PR communication and events.
- Must posess a Secret clearance.
An Associates degree and minimum Fifteen (15) military services can be utlized as related experience.
BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way
This position is opened for sourcing purposes only.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
FOR COLORADO RESIDENTS
Colorado Salary Minimum: $60,800
Colorado Salary Maximum: $147,500
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.