Public Relations Manager, Product Communications
New York, United States
California, United States
North Carolina, United States
San Francisco, CA
Salesforce is seeking a creative and collaborative Manager to join its Product PR team. This role will drive proactive PR to support our strategic customer content including announcements, thought leadership and press stories. The ideal candidate possesses strong experience in media relations, writing and is an excellent communicator who can translate complex technology concepts and customer use cases into impactful stories that people across the world get inspired by.
This candidate should have their pulse on industry trends and be in tune with what reporters are writing, with a passion for pitching stories about how organizations are digitally transforming their business with Salesforce. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization and a track record of generating results.
The PR Manager will lead day-to-day execution of the Customer PR team, partnering closely with other PR team members to develop strategic comms plans and align on the best ways to tell customer stories. This candidate will also work across marketing and account teams to discover great customer stories, while providing strategic counsel and messaging to business leaders and customer spokespeople to drive high-profile business and technology press coverage. This role will require someone who can react quickly to rapidly changing situations, while earning trust with Salesforce’s customers.
- Define and develop the Customer PR program and identify new tactics to show the positive impact of Salesforce technology on customers around the world.
- Build and leverage reporter relationships for announcements and proactive storytelling.
- Proactively identify external trends and develop stories to showcase our customer success and drive our relevance
- Write and edit articles, blog posts, media pitches, press releases, social media content, and communications plans.
- Work across global PR to support company-wide campaigns and events, including earnings and Dreamforce.
- 5+ years of experience in Public Relations; mix of agency and corporate in-house experience preferred
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or similar field preferred
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR
- Excellent writing, editing, and project management skills
- Experience working with a partner and/or customer program at a technology company preferred
- Strong executive presence; able to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and calm under pressure, with exceptional judgment
- Experience storytelling with brands across vertical industries and enterprise and consumer tech is a plus
- Experience working with and helping influence high-level executives
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with reporters
- Skilled at managing up and prioritizing; flexible and able to run with multiple projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Collaborative and team oriented; thrives building relationships and working cross-functionally
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.