Public Relations Manager
WOW Tech GroupNew York, NY18 days ago
WOW Tech Group is one of the world's leading companies in the sex toy market. With our innovative and high-quality brands Womanizer®, We-Vibe®, pjur®, ARCWAVE™ and ROMP™ we delight millions of customers and help them to have a more fulfilling sex life. Originally founded in 2017 as start-up Womanizer Group Management, following a merger with the Canadian Standard Innovation® Corporation, we are pursuing the vision of becoming the world's largest player in the industry. We now have more than 200 employees spread over our headquarters in Berlin and offices in Nuremberg, Ottawa, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Why work with us:
- We offer competitive salaries along with great benefits:
- Company paid health, dental, life and long term disability insurance plans
- Company matching contributions to a retirement savings plan
- $150/year toward fitness activities
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- We're a fun team of professionals that are passionate about developing innovative products and being a leader in our industry
Our North American Public Relations team has an immediate opening for a Public Relations Manager to promote our brands in the US market by implementing PR campaigns that generate earned media coverage and generate buzz for our family of sexual health brands.
- Leading a small team of PR professionals in North America;
- Planning and managing the North American PR budget;
- Leading and executing PR activities and campaigns in the US market with a primary focus on media relations and earned media placements;
- Developing campaigns and storytelling ideas;
- Conducting day-to-day media outreach;
- Evaluating opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and brand spokespersons
- Other related responsibilities
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a media/public relations or communications role with at least 3 years in a management role, leading a small team
- Formal post-secondary education in public relations, communications or journalism; ideally a post-graduate certificate or equivalent in public relations or communications
- Proven PR experience within a company including experience in crisis communication
- Possess a love for destigmatizing taboo topics and finding new unexpected ways to tell organic brand/product stories
- Possess a strong network and connection with media within the key North American markets
- Proven success in achieving coverage across a broad spectrum of media outlets
- High proficiency in English, including strong copywriting and editing skills and aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Passion and knowledge and/or involvement in sexual health and wellbeing and a keen interest in promoting sex- and pleasure-positivity, sexual wellness and education
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Strategic head meets hands-on mentality
- Highly organized and driven to achieve results
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Ability to work well independently and achieve results in a partial or full work-from-home environment
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally 4-6 times/year
If you are an experienced PR professional with a passion for sexual health and wellbeing, we'd love to hear from you! To learn more about WOW Tech Group and our brands, visit wowtech.com.
At WOW Tech Group we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations due to disability to ensure an equal opportunity to participate in our recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter once you have been selected for an interview.
Please note: the final stage of our recruitment process includes completion of employment reference checks and a criminal record check.