Public Relations Coordinator
Are you an ambitious PR professional who is eager to put your outstanding writing skills on a global stage? Are you an agile, inquisitive communicator avid about technology and its potential to transform business, communities and our personal lives? Can you foster great media relationships with a knack for storytelling through traditional, social and emerging media? Then you could be a fantastic fit as a PR coordinator for a rising Fortune 500 solutions integrator dedicated to helping organizations accelerate their digital journey. As a bold storyteller, you’ll convey our hunger, heart and harmony for modernizing the biggest names in business, instilling them with digital strategies and our deep expertise in cloud and edge-based solutions to help them run smarter.
We are seeking a public relations coordinator interested in all aspects of the PR field who can implement the team’s strategic approach, elevate the company brand through earned and owned media approaches, and expand our social media influence. The coordinator will help execute media/community relations campaigns, collaborate with a robust marketing department and external PR firm, and provide concrete deliverables. This energetic professional should be a self-starter with IT industry experience who exudes confidence, possesses excellent communication skills, demonstrates creativity, and values the detail-oriented nature of external communications. We work as fast as our industry is changing and look for teammates who are nimble and self-motivated to lead from the front.
What You’ll Do:
- Fully support the company’s PR and social media strategy and execute it in different phases.
- Create and curate engaging content, including press releases, thought leadership articles, social media badges, and other communication materials.
- Connect with local media outlets and technology journalists (including bloggers and industry sites) to place stories about company news and facilitate media engagements.
- Contribute to the public relations agency relationship and leverage their expertise, relationships and strategic perspectives, working collaboratively to add strategic value to media outlets and earning meaningful placements.
- Leverage Insight content (articles and multimedia on Insight.com/Learn, subject matter expert presentations, media placements by our global PR teams, etc.) and grow the company’s earned media brand footprint demonstrated by KPIs like traffic to Insight.com and social media engagements.
- Help produce and schedule content that lives across Insight’s social channels via our Sprinklr social media management platform; help maintain performance dashboards.
- Assist in moderating our teammate social advocacy platform, Insight Social, by producing and managing content and ensuring an engaging user experience.
- Collaborate effectively with prominent members of the company, including executives and subject matter experts, to craft and pitch key messages and thought leadership content.
- Develop key thought leadership voices by positioning select subject matter experts through earned and owned media, cultivating effective personal brands for thought leaders through their social networks, and building cache with social influencers.
- Assist in administrative duties like monitoring for media/social media placements, maintaining weekly PR status reports and reporting metrics, and publishing a weekly PR newsletter to teammates and partners, to illustrate the value of our media programming.
- Build and update media lists and databases.
- Oversee a community outreach program extending across several of our key North American markets.
- Manage the company’s online newsroom design and content.
What We Need:
- Must hold a BA/BS in public relations, communications, journalism, or marketing; or equivalent working experience
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content for traditional and social media
- Poise and confidence to work with top executives on sometimes sensitive matters
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Social media savvy; ideal candidate will have prior communications experience in the technology industry and experience working with Sprinklr or a similar social media management platform
- Available to work full-time – Monday through Friday
- Ideal candidate should be able to show a portfolio of published work, such as journalism articles and press releases
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Insight Enterprises, Inc. is a Fortune 500 solutions integrator with 11,500 teammates worldwide helping organizations accelerate their digital journey to modernize their business and maximize the value of technology. We enable secure, end-to-end transformation and meet the needs of our clients through a comprehensive portfolio of solutions, far-reaching partnerships and 33+ years of broad IT expertise. Rated as a Forbes World's Best Employer and a Great Place to Work, we amplify our solutions and services with global scale, local expertise and a world-class e-commerce experience, realizing the digital ambitions of our clients at every opportunity. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,500 teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.4 billion in revenue in 2021
- Ranked #360 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2021 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2021 Cisco IoT/Industry Partner of the Year, 2020 and 2021 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2021 Microsoft Worldwide Solution Assessment Partner of the Year, 2021 NVIDIA Software Partner of the Year
- Ranked #95 on the 2022 Forbes World's Best Employers (#12 within IT), the #1 Arizona company on the 2021 Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity, and #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.