The Proposal Specialist is part of the Sales & Marketing team, managing proposals for environmental services, facility and technical solutions to healthcare clients.
The Proposal Specialist manages the planning, development, executables, and delivery of assigned bids, presentations, and RFP responses to our customers that effectively convey solutions, capabilities, and differentiators. This position coordinates with subject matter experts ranging from operational to executive staff to provide key capabilities and solutions for our customers and internal clients. This position reports to the SVP Sales & Marketing.
What we look for in a Proposal Specialist:
- Skilled in project management
- Proven expertise in technical and persuasive writing
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Highly skilled in the use of Contract Management Systems; Microsoft Office Suite; and Project Management Software
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Serve as the proposal project manager to clarify client requirements and delegate tasks to ensure client deliverables are met.
- Research, analyze, and derive insights from bid information to ensure driving of key selling messages in the bid.
- Partner with sales leader and pursuit team to provide messaging tailored to a target audience and to optimize a targeted value proposition.
- Establish priority for bid tasks and works with resources and management to assure understanding of priorities and ability to meet deadlines.
- Research, write, and assemble client specific presentations, bids and proposals using relevant business software; ensuring content is consistent with Xanitos standards and guidelines.
- Interpret complex information and writes per target audience.
- Proofread and edit written documents and provides ideas, suggestions, and concept development to enhance bids and proposals.
- Implement and improve the organization’s proposal process from pre-proposal planning through proposal delivery and support of post-submittal deliverables.
- Regularly communicates project status, identifies obstacles/deviations/delays, and assigns task(s) to address the issues on any deviations to delivery timeline.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management which could include Executive Meeting Power Point decks.
- Employees in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Xanitos, absent a legally required Medical or Religious exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via a secure online portal.
- High School diploma required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in sales proposal production, communications and managing multiple projects.
- Able to work independently setting priorities and managing work.
- Advanced ability to understand a client’s business, technology and process needs, and translate into actionable, industry-leading services solutions.
- Ability to provide guidance and expertise to stakeholders to create persuasive language for RFP responses and presentations.
- Combined technical expertise with business acumen to provide vital, detailed information about how a Xanitos solution can deliver business value to its clients.
- Ability to identify problems/roadblocks and creatively generate ideas to achieve resolution while considering the risks associated with each option and selecting the option that has the best risk/reward.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Xanitos understands the importance of you and your family’s health and wellbeing, as well as your financial future. With that in mind, we take pride in the variety of benefit plans that are available for our employees. Please note, plans vary by location and are subject to eligibility and work hour requirements in accordance with company policy and state laws. Plans may include:
- Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Shoes for Crews Reimbursement
- Paid Time off including Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Elective Holidays, Bereavement, Parental Bonding, Volunteer Day and Jury Duty.
- Employee Discounts to Theme Parks, Theaters, Sporting Events, Movies and More
The expected salary range for this position ranges from $82,000 to $87,500 depending on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, training, market data, and other relevant factors. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if applicable to the position).