Monster Energy is seeking qualified applications for a Project Specialist to join our IT PMO team in Corona, CA.
The Project Specialist will work closely with PMO and IT leadership, other designated project managers (PMO or otherwise), representatives from the business and project participants to help develop project charters and project plans (schedules, resources, communications etc.), maintain project information, follow upon action items, and open issues, and manage to upcoming deadlines during project execution.
A Typical "day in the life of" a PMO Project Specialist may look like the following:
Start your day reading through emails for project updates and important communication. Login to Sciforma (our project management software) to review project timelines and make relevant updates. Follow up with your fellow Monster teammates to check in on project activities. Throughout the day, attend project meetings, ranging from status updates to working sessions with a variety of stakeholders. Make sure you come prepared with the current project status (open activities, timeline, risks, etc.) After meetings, send a detailed recap of what was discussed and next steps, and schedule follow up meeting in a timely manner (everyone’s calendar fills up quickly) Enjoy your favorite Monster Energy beverage to stay focused. Check in with the project managers from time to time to see if they need help with anything. From time to time, you may need to crunch some numbers, draw up process diagrams, or brainstorm problems that arise. You may also be helping to develop PMO Frameworks, templates, and other documentation along then way.
The Project specialist plays an essential role in ensuring the success of bugginess/IT initiatives by ensuring all project details are properly documented, organized, followed up on and updated in a timely manner within the Sciforma project management platform. Responsibilities and activities will include (not necessarily limited to):
Working with members of the PMO and in collaboration with representatives from the IT, and other Project Manager(s), help implement and execute project management best practices Including but not limited to:
- For every assigned project, help document key objectives, Internal constraints, risks, and other factors aligned with effective project management practices.
- Ensure every product related Information is maintained in a consistent and coherent fashion, aligned with Monster PMO best practices.
- Help create templates in Sciforma (the PMO's portfolio and Project Management platform) to ensure consistent planning and (racking of deliverables, work packages, activities, issues etc. that repeat across projects,
- Help maintain the templates to accelerate future projects and ensure all required project areas are considered,
- Maintain and update internally developed project management best practices on ongoing basic.
- Working with the Project Manager, or as needed, business and IT stakeholders, maintain an accurate pipeline of projects, and update Sciforma with the latest project priorities to help sequence project deliveries in accordance with Monster’s evolving objectives.
Project Coordination Responsibilities
Leveraging best practices and relationships developed as part of PMO responsibilities above:
- Work with and assist the Project Manager In educating and guiding project teams on the use of best practice during the project management lifecycle.
- As needed, update Sciforma to timely and accurately reflect the latest priorities for the various portfolio of projects and roadmaps.
- Learn to navigate and use Sciforma, Monster's Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) solution and ensure consistent use of the software across all assigned projects.
- Update and maintain all project information in Monster’s PPM solution (see below) and ensure adherence to Monster’s internal project management framework and guideline
- Working with the Project Manager. and other project stakeholders as required, ensure timely and consistent updates are maintained for each project, from project initiation, to planning, execution, control, and closing.
- Assist in the definition of project objectives, scope, and deliverables, then update Sciforma with the information.
- Assist in the development of business cases, and maintenance of related information in Sciforma.
- Assist in the development of detailed project schedule, including activity dependencies, resource assignments etc.
- Document issues and coordinate follow up end resolution.
- Maintain project risks and help manage risk response plan,
- Facilitate the resolution or issues and through proactive discussions with stakeholders.
- Escalate Issues and risks to management as needed to ensure awareness and drive response
- Organize weakly project status calls and publish timely status reports to stakeholders and management.
- Help document record and track change requests.
- Keep track and update progress on all project activities.
- Help document "lessons learned" at the end of projects
- Help create documentation and prepare for project steering committees
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience coordinating IT projects, or related experience.
- Excellent-verbal and written communication skills required.
- Format experience in project management, including proficiency In, or strong working understanding of, various project management methodologies Including PMBOK, Prince and/or Agile a plus.
- Ability to create presentations and, should the need arise, to present in front of large audiences, Including executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communicational skills. Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and act a "Translator" to ensure the message is equally understood.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology. Management Information Systems or Business preferred (Will consider applicant with relevant experience In lieu of specific degree requirements),
- Working knowledge or experience with some or all following platforms and technologies a plus: SAP ECO, SAP S/4 HANA, GAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Business Objects.
- Experience with or working knowledge of IT controls frameworks ranging from System Development Life Cycle', requirement gathering end management; change management, test management. SOX etc. a strong plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft’s office desktop solutions, most specifically Excel and PowerPoint a must, SharePoint,
- Visio, Teams, Atlassian’s Jira, and Confluence a plus.
- Must be available on weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
Pay Range: $62,400k-$70,000k
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)