As a facilities and construction-focused Project Manager in the Cincinnati office of Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), with an emphasis on Property Condition Assessments, you will be responsible for the direction and expansion of this service within the office. This position offers the opportunity to support and grow a team within the Cincinnati office as well as across the firm. Daily duties will include managing clients and developing new business, managing and executing projects, mentoring junior staff, and providing senior direction, including quality assurance on real estate and facilities project. Cross-discipline expertise is a significant plus, especially environmental due diligence, hazardous building materials, etc., given CEC’s wide range of site development and engineering consulting services.
- B.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a related field (MS a plus);
- P.E., R.A. or related field licensure;
- 5 to 10+ years of experience;
- Demonstrated business development and client management experience, including active participation in professional and technical associations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Property Condition Assessments (ASTM E 2018-15), understanding of building design and construction, such as building envelope, MEP, and fire/life safety, ability to read/understand design and construction documents;
- Understanding of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance;
- Ability to speak and write professionally, including report preparation and technical review;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects, budgeting and cost control;
- Demonstrated experience supervising technical staff;
- Cross-discipline real estate experience (i.e., due diligence, hazardous building materials/asbestos, civil engineering, etc.);
- Experience with forensic investigations, reporting and repair design/estimating, structural engineering or architectural design;
- Experience with expert testimony;
- Existing client connections and relationships in the real estate and manufacturing sector markets; and
- Experience with cost estimating, construction draw inspections and pay application review.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.