Embrace the change, be the change. Join BNY Mellon’s enterprise-wide strategic initiative to transform into a more agile, cross-functional, future-oriented firm. Be part of a highly skilled and experienced group whose mission is to instill an agile mindset and industry-leading techniques across the company. Work directly with cross-functional teams and senior leaders to identify opportunities to deliver high quality business outcomes at a faster pace than ever before. Engage daily with teams to overcome roadblocks and implement scalable solutions that will improve team and organizational agility alike. Help build better ways of working and by doing so, build your professional experience through constant collaboration with teams and businesses supporting diverse clients across the globe.
As a Senior Agile Coach at BNY Mellon, you will be at the forefront of the firm’s transformation journey. In this role, you will bring the passion needed to help cross-functional Line of Business (LOB) teams realize their full potential. You will serve as a role model and leader for BNY Mellon by working directly with teams to deliver their solutions and improve their practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coach/mentor Line of Business (LOB) agile members, leads, executives, managers and product managers in the Lean and scaled-agile mindset, principles, practices, behaviors, and values needed to transform the organization
- Help teams sustain and continuously improve Agile mindsets and practices
- Serve in a mentoring or coaching role in the LOBs; may at times fill various roles based on organizational needs, including Scrum Master and Team Coach
- Encourage change and continuous improvements to increase the team's productivity and quality of all deliverables
- Foster unified development strategies inclusive of DevOps, QA, Architecture, and UX integrated into a customer-driven Agile strategy
- Publish, track, and enhance Agile best practices and metrics
- Deliver training classes (virtually and in-person as applicable) for large numbers of people
- Develop and coordinate tailored rollout plans for LOB in partnership with the enterprise Agile coaches
- Serve as an LOB participant and role model for the enterprise Agile Champions network
- Participate in and enhance Agile Coach Communities of Practice (COPs)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Agile experience, including 3+ years as an Agile Coach, and at least 1 year of experience working directly with multiple Agile teams
- A track record of coaching for large and LOB teams in Agile transformations, with proven knowledge of the application of Lean agile and agile at scale; with demonstrated abilities to coach and lead the cultural and organizational change to make it work
- Deep expertise in Agile methodologies and frameworks. Expert in Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Extreme Programming (XP), Test Driven Development (TDD), or other formal software engineering frameworks and practices.
- Proven experience in leading complex initiatives, coaching, and training; formal training experience with large, cross-functional teams is preferred
- Ability to take ambiguous topics and translate into actionable plans working with multiple business, operational and technical stakeholders
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new technology quickly, demonstrated by experience in an engineering environment
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization
- Agile certifications including SAFe SA, PM/PO, SPC, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO and Kanban
- Experience with tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and PPM