UnileverSimcoe, Canada6 days ago
We are looking for a Project Engineer at our Ice Cream Manufacturing factory in Simcoe, Ontario. Our factory produces brand names such as Breyers, Ben & Jerry's, Magnum, Klondike, and Popsicle!!
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Project Engineer will manage the end to end delivery of site capital project for our Ice Cream factory in Simcoe, Norfolk County. The projects will span a range of complexity, cost ($100k to $2m), and disciplines based on the needs of factory and the skills of the engineer. These include innovation, process, utilities, packaging, safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, environmental and logistics. This role reports to Engineering Manager at the Simcoe Ice Cream Site.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Organized and detail oriented to deliver projects respective safety, product quality, project timing, and cost. You will be supported by full-time and hired contractors to execute the projects.
You're a born leader: Management of improvement projects in a fast-moving environment with many stakeholders requires the ability for independent decision making, constructive collaboration, managing expectations, and navigating tradeoffs for our customers (the factory). The position is responsible for cost estimating, analyzing options, building business cases, critiquing designs, managing construction, installation, commissioning, and handover with minimal supervision. As a member of management in a factory, you will be expected to lead other activities in our safety, quality, environmental, maintenance, and continuous improvement programs.
You're a change maker: Assists in the standardization and development of the plant masterplan. Technical resource to the category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation and renovation), and a resource for factory continuous improvement programs, maintenance support, and business case development.
You're a dot connector: Participates in cross-plant improvement teams and creates the business case for projects. Supports root cause analysis on engineering issues and understanding of required plant improvements.
You're a culture and change champion: You bring new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost. You execute projects by delivering the best value without compromising any Values. The Project Engineer is a leader in this transformation.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of multiple capital projects adhering to Unilever project management standards and ensuring safety as our number one value.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 3+ Years of Engineering in FMCG / foods / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Project Management, maintenance, and/or continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; along with the ability to negotiate.
- First-hand experience delivering major capital projects ($2+ million) within Unilever or similar fast-moving consumer goods or foods manufacturing environment from cradle to grave.
- Experience: 5+ Years of Project Engineering in FMCG / foods / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Experience in World Class Manufacturing (WCM), Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt), Lean manufacturing, and/or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is a plus.