Aecon Civil is a market leader with self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We're proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada's infrastructure and transportation networks, and we're ready to build the future of our country.
- Responsible for project finance working with accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, payroll and Business Unit finance department to prepare financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of monthly & yearly financial statements, supporting schedules and reports
- Assist in the preparation of cash flows for the project
- Prepare monthly reconciliations related to Balance Sheet & Income statement
- Assist with audits - financial, Internal control & tax
- Work with Project or Operations Management team to identify and forecast financial exposures
- Work with project staff / project controls to review all standard costs and analyze productivity data
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly forecasts/ annual Business Plans/ Budgets for the project
- Project month-end organization, prepare, and enter month end entries such as subcontractor accruals and cost transfers
- Assist with the review & issue of project cost reports and with developing Estimated Costs at Completion (ECAC),
- Work closely with Project Manager in preparing monthly progress invoices to Owner/Consultant for work performed during the month; enter client billings into the applicable system
- Ensure associated contract documentation is tracked, stored, and updated appropriately (ie. client billings, accounts payable etc.)
- Ensure all payroll, taxation and accounting practices are in compliance with statutory requirements
- Establishing policies, procedures & processes for day-to-day operations of the project that align with Aecon Corporate
- Main point of contact for client, and partner audit support
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- High degree of emotional intelligence, strong self-awareness,
- Organizationally savvy, with an ability to effectively maneuver through complex political situations, anticipate issues and plan an approach accordingly
- Is recognized as a trusted advisor to the project or operations team
- Adaptive Thinking
- Critical thinking capability by applying sound analysis and logical reasoning to evaluate ideas, decisions and outcomes. Able to properly evaluate the quality of evidence and reasoning, then draw appropriate conclusions.
- Decision Making
- Makes sound decisions involving the most complex information and dynamic situations.
- Demonstrates sound judgment.
- Effective risk orientation to complement business performance – curious and innovative
- Positively influences colleagues to make decisions and actions that ultimately benefit the organization.
- Integrity, Humility, Transparency
- Courage, Drive
- Energy, Passion
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience & Designation based on level
- 3 – 5+ years of experience, CPA designation or enrolled pursuing CPA
- Experience in construction or related industry is preferred
- Experience with SAP, BPC and Business Objects is valued
- Progressive experience that indicates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence without specific authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong ability to think creatively, challenge the status quo, deal with ambiguity
- History of strong personal performance and value add to the business
- Demonstrated success working with internal/ external stakeholders
- Strong financial acumen and relevant financial skills, including quantitative problem solving
- Broad business knowledge, end-to-end thinking, and organizational awareness
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.