Programmatic Media Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
When you join Verizon's Digital Marketing Center of Excellence, you will be responsible for leading programmatic and paid social media strategy, execution and optimization across all inventory types to achieve brand and business objectives. You will structure, build, and lead a team of strategists that will execute the newly developed programmatic and paid social strategy across select units within Verizon Consumer Group. With your expert knowledge of the tech landscape and the evolution of programmatic and paid social buying, you will keep internal leadership, media and ad teams educated on emerging technologies. Additionally, you will advise Verizon Media Group’s product team on their roadmap to drive differentiation for our owned technology in a highly competitive landscape. You will engage and influence stakeholders across the organization with respect to media technology and operations while managing and developing the in-house programmatic and paid social team.
- Developing and executing bold, innovative strategies for Verizon’s approach to programmatic and paid social buying.
- Partnering with Verizon Media Group on driving the product roadmap and expanding their programmatic capabilities into the broader marketplace.
- Partnering closely with other media leaders (Consumer, Brand, Business, Search, Social, and Analytics) to support the execution of the newly developed Digital COE.
- Supporting efforts across partner units within Verizon (Operations, Experience, Technology, CRM) to create improved digital experiences across all touchpoints.
- Educating internal teams on the evolution of programmatic technology and paid social strategy, what’s leading in the marketplace and what tech can be utilized.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Marketer/agency/consultative services experience in programmatic media strategy and investment.
- Experience with analysis and reporting.
- Experience leading projects across multiple stakeholders.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Fluency in data-driven targeting and reach strategy.
- Experience managing teams of at least five people and establishing high team morale through constant change and intense workloads.
- Knowledge of advertising channels across TV, audio, OOH, Display (desktop, mobile), Digital Video, Social Media, various buying methodologies (CPM, CPC, CPA), etc.
- Ability to manage all self-serve programmatic and social channels (display, video, social, dOOH, audio, native) and launch new channels.
- Experience with primary buying platforms & formats (Google, Amazon AAP, VMG, Facebook/Instagram, Snap, Twitter, Pinterest).
- Experience with leading data-driven media technology (Liveramp, Adobe AAM, Epsilon, Acxiom).
- Knowledge of Ad verification and brand safety tools (IAS, DoubleVerify, Moat).
- Experience with management of programmatic budgets of at least fifty million dollars.
- Programmatic leadership experience within Agency Trade Desks, Management Consultancies or brands with in-house programmatic capabilities.
- Knowledge of the evolution of programmatic media; how video, social, display, native, branded content became purchasable programmatically.
- Experience making recommendations regarding tech adoption, based on thorough awareness of the current and emerging programmatic tech landscape.
- Experience with management of agency relationships and resources, and ability to influence across divisions, departments and teams.
- Experience building and executing programmatic buying strategy.
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records.
- Ability to analyze data, optimize, and ensure campaign goals are being fully met.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.