The Program Manager is responsible for leading multiple projects and initiatives under the Care Center Project Management Office (PMO). This role is a hybrid of program and project management for the Care Center’s core functions (examples include member outreach, contact center, workforce management, training, quality and reporting). The program manager is responsible for the execution of multiple initiatives across several multidisciplinary teams. This individual is expected to apply critical thinking to prioritize initiatives, ensure all projects deliver value in a timely manner, and apply data driven approaches to solve problems. Projects will include optimization of existing processes and implementation of new capabilities and services. The program manager will be accountable for providing project oversight, managing timelines, risk escalation, and change management across multiple projects.
This role requires excellent critical thinking, communication, organization, and presentation skills to successfully lead teams and engage with executives. The program manager will also be expected to partner with the Senior Director of Program Management to support the development and growth of the Care Center PMO. This includes development of tools, templates, and methodologies to support project work across the organization.
This results-driven individual must be a strategic thinker capable of understanding and aligning all initiatives in the context of Papa and the Care Center’s broader vision of supporting care and optimizing the member experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Care Center and other key stakeholders, including technology leaders to future digitalize and optimize Care Center tools and workflows.
- Demonstrate through behavior Papa’s mission, vision, values and service standards.
- Facilitate visioning and brainstorming sessions to translate organizational strategies into tactical projects with measurable results.
- Participate in the development and refinement of converting the program vision into project work; can successfully lead a team through all phases of a project (scoping, work break down structures, gathering and documenting business requirements, building the team, budgeting, risk management and delivering results).
- Craft and manage project plans and agendas; collect, prioritize, and complete activities related to project plan.
- Ability to design, structure, and oversee multiple initiatives and teams simultaneously; ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Manage operational performance / OKRs and apply process improvement methodologies to foster data-driven root causes analysis and improvements.
- Expertise in project management (PMP) and process improvement methodologies (lean/ six sigma); ability to coach and train others in the organization on all related tools, templates, and approaches.
- Identify and respond to project issues and risks; own and provide expedient follow through to action or resolution and communicate appropriately.
- Develop project communications; prepare presentation decks and regular status updates.
- Support the Senior Director in building the internal project management office for the Care Center; including the development of methodology, tools, templates, program governance and reporting.
Knowledge And Skill:
- Anticipatory problem solver that can proactively manage stakeholder expectations and risks
- Strong executive presence; delivers concise and impactful presentations
- Ability to identify organizational project intersections and dependencies and resource constraints; pulls in all key stakeholders to stay in alignment while managing timelines and deliverables
- Experience and proven track record with large scale process improvement and change management initiatives
- Effective at championing a compelling vision, leading by example, and guiding teams through difficult situations
- Proven ability to conduct research, analyze, and synthesize data from multiple sources
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating structure; adaptability and flexibility to change priorities and initiatives
- Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational, project management, resource, and cost management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to tailor approaches
- Proficiency in business systems, including Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite, CRM and Project Management and Process Improvement
- Excellent intellectual and analytical skills with proven capability to strategically problem-solve
- Strong ability to adjust and tailor communications to different audiences for impact; and interact with all levels within the organization through verbal, interpersonal and written communications
- Experience in negotiating and managing complex vendor relationships
Education & Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred
- 6+ years of experience in Program/Project Management
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preferred: Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Preferred: Change Management (Prosci) certification
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.