Discord is seeking a Program Manager to join our growing, very awesome Legal Response team and support the broader legal function. The Legal Response Team (LRT) manages law enforcement, civil subpoena, intellectual property, and privacy-related requests. LRT is nested with Regulatory and Litigation, who respond to regulatory inquiries and defend Discord in disputes. Reporting to the LRT Senior Manager, you’ll contribute to Discord’s safety and compliance narrative by establishing and improving various programs for LRT and support Discord’s Litigation and Regulatory teams by sourcing and implementing tools and improving processes.
As a Program Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and optimize operational processes by identifying and delivering completed projects in partnership with key stakeholders. You’ll also improve metrics and documentation for all workflows the team currently handles. If this sounds like a fun challenge, please read on...
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage strategic projects from initial conception through implementation across multiple focus areas
- Collaborate with internal teams to manage expectations and drive consensus amongst projects
- Create and build on existing metrics to provide visibility to senior leadership
- Understand workflows and current tooling capabilities in order to manage tooling requests and issues
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to synthesize clear takeaways and recommendations for complex business problems
- Effectively utilize datasets to make informed decisions and find areas of improvement
- Identify gaps across workflows, develop root cause analyses, and proactively propose and lead continuous improvements in response to changing circumstances
- Create and manage documentation for all workflows and policies
- Ensure clear and concise communication amongst stakeholders
You'll Thrive In This Role If
- 3+ years work experience in consulting, program management or related roles
- Analytical backbone––you easily and autonomously gather and present data for sound decision-making and the ongoing tracking of success metrics
- Proactive problem solving––you freely find opportunities for improvement, and you’re motivated to lead initiatives from start to finish
- Strong stakeholder management skills––you’re adept at improving processes you don’t directly own, and know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams
- Excellent communication skills––you can efficiently and eloquently present ideas, updates and results to key stakeholders at various levels
- Hyper-organization––you have a track record of managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity––in ever-changing situations, you approach initiatives with positivity and are excited to drive them successfully through completion
- SQL and coding experience
- Program Management Certification
- Familiarity with Notion and/or Asana
- Six Sigma Certification
- Technical writing skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment where you have made a measurable impact
- Demonstrated interest in legal or safety
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $117,000 to $126,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!