The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this page. After you click Apply Now and complete your application, you'll be invited to create a profile, which will let you see your application status and any communications. If you already have a profile with us, you can log in to check status.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Provides oversight and direct leadership on multiple concurrent projects/programs of varying size up to and including enterprise transformational initiatives within multiple portfolios and/or LOBs at any given time.
Influences and leads large-scale change initiatives. Key contributor in developing financial realization measures.
Evaluates investment opportunities to meet strategic objectives and optimize the program or project portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Plans and coordinates closely with LOB/function managers and subject matter experts. Ensures that business cases are developed for budgeting, planning, and tracking revenue and/or expense.
- Works closely with, and provides direction to technology leads to support program needs.
- Ensures that program activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
- Installs an appropriate risk management plan for the program and ensures adherence to company and unit requirements.
- Proactively challenge the performance of current systems and processes and identifies risks and develops solutions and/or processes and ensures necessary risk mitigation steps are built into the processes. Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.
- Leads teams or multiple teams of internal and/or external resources on a project basis.
- Provides project-related performance evaluations on project resources.
- Analyzes and collectively manages variances to the program plan and overall portfolio and makes recommendation and/or creates action plan to mitigate negative variances or to resolve issues.
- Prepares dashboard reporting to identify and communicate the health of the project portfolio for use by key executives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ten years progressive related experience in either a consulting, project management or process improvement related role
- Strong skills and experience in issue resolution, influencing team members and other stakeholders, conducting difficult negotiations and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables
- Demonstrated superior understanding of business and technology organization, resources, priorities, needs and policies
- Demonstrated leadership in the implementation of complex programs and projects
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments
- Demonstrated executive level verbal and written communication skills
- Superior working knowledge of business matters, finance, planning, and forecasting
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Project)
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of work (e.g., MBA). PMP and/or PgMP
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma or similar process improvement, facilitation, and project management methodologies
- Experience implementing large/complex initiatives across a matrix organization
- In-depth knowledge of management and planning systems theory and practical application to complex initiatives
- Experience with financial measurements and metrics
- Financial Services experience
- Knowledge of business unit’s mission and processes
- Experience implementing large/complex initiatives across a matrix organization.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Up to 25%
General Description of Available Benefits for Eligible Employees of Truist Financial Corporation: All regular teammates (not temporary or contingent workers) working 20 hours or more per week are eligible for benefits, though eligibility for specific benefits may be determined by the division of Truist offering the position. Truist offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, tax-preferred savings accounts, and a 401k plan to teammates. Teammates also receive no less than 10 days of vacation (prorated based on date of hire and by full-time or part-time status) during their first year of employment, along with 10 sick days (also prorated), and paid holidays. For more details on Truist’s generous benefit plans, please visit our Benefits site.
Depending on the position and division, this job may also be eligible for Truist’s defined benefit pension plan, restricted stock units, and/or a deferred compensation plan. As you advance through the hiring process, you will also learn more about the specific benefits available for any non-temporary position for which you apply, based on full-time or part-time status, position, and division of work.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.