Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to give everyone a voice through beauty. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Glossier is looking for a highly-motivated, organized and process-driven Program Manager to drive physical product development from concepting, formulation, and into production for products within the Glossier portfolio. The scope of this role crosses categories including skincare, body care, fragrance and makeup. This person will be responsible for timeline creation, tracking, and cross-functional team coordination to ensure on-time project delivery. This role will report directly to the Director of Program Management.
Six Month Expectations
- Deeply understand the Glossier product development process and develop relationships with cross functional business partners
- Define timelines for product development from concept through production and delivery
- Manage vendor milestones for development activity, including submissions, safety testing, pilots + line trials, first production and delivery
- Hold internal team members accountable to commitments
- Drive scenario analysis (product, vendor, formula, components, etc.), enabling rational, data-driven decision making
- Lead meetings with cross-functional teams, highlighting status, risks and deadlines. Escalate concisely to executives when needed
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Independently manage a portfolio of complex programs to support Glossier’s Product Development portfolio strategy with on-time and reliable delivery
- Actively partner with Finance, Planning and Production in scheduling inventory phase-ins with minimal liabilities
- Provide actionable input for continuous improvement of product development process
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or merchandising (Relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- 4+ years project management experience in product development within skincare, cosmetics or consumer packaged goods
- Beauty industry experience, preferably including skincare and/or make-up, is a requirement for this role
- Deep understanding of project management techniques and methods
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to fast-paced change
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to establish clear project scope, deliverables and resource gaps
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.