Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Technician will work in and maintain the standards of a cGMP environment, ensure orders are done accurately and in a timely manner, process component materials into finished products while maintaining high quality standards. The key candidate will be well organized, have an eye for detail, be a team player, and a good communicator.
What can you expect to do:
- Maintaining process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal run rates in support of schedule adherence.
- Completing master batch records, and associated production documentation accurately; Providing Material Safety Data (MSD) sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Assisting with processing component martials into finished products while ensuring that quality standards are consistent.
- Dismantling, cleaning, sanitizing, and assembling manufacturing equipment according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of department and productivity goals.
- Setting up and operating machines on trial runs to verify accuracy process.
- Ensuring the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment while performing all role-related tasks.
- Supporting the implementation of initiatives that drive efficiency and increase product yield.
- Preparing equipment and extracted oils for packaging, and operating packaging and labelling equipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining packaging equipment and room facilities.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all dry materials, chemicals and equipment used in the clean room facility.
- Washing and sterilizing formulation vessels used for packaging, storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping clean room, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Performing administrative tasks related to packing activities such as word processing, record keeping and filing.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary diploma in science, technology, or operations is strongly preferred
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Reporting and information management experience; must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with process management, team problem solving, and inventory control.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and evolving deadlines.
- Experience in production or manufacturing environments in compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) is strongly preferred.