The Production Technician I job purpose is to provide efficient, effective, fast and consistent work to accomplish and complete tasks that were requested to be filled and packaged. This entails working in all Production areas. We are highly motivated to find someone who wants to grow with our Work Family.
Essential Functions of Production Technician I:
- Prepare all packaging materials for use with in all departments
- Weighing and counting out raw materials for overall production
- Assist with the gummy unmolding process
- Perform final packaging for all work in progress batches
- Work cooperatively with the production team to meet quotas and goals.
- Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to the Lead.
- Follow Work Instructions and SOPs in accordance with GMP
- Properly wrap and place completed pallets in the shipping and receiving warehouse by using a pallet jack
- Be able to utilize scales, including calibrating and sanitizing before and after use.
- Cleaning and sanitizing work space before shift, during shift/after different products, and after shift
- Cleaning and sanitizing all work equipment and kitchen tools before and after use
- Maintain proper PPE and Hygiene
- Handling and working with cannabis plant material such as hanging and bucking.
- Wash and sanitize hands before shift, during shift, after brakes, and lunch
- Consistently arrive to work on-time and ready to help produce. Prepared to do what needs to be done throughout the shift to ensure that the team succeeds together
- Work respectfully, diligently and without undue complaint to ensure that daily goals are met or exceeded
- Basic food safety handlers certificate
- Honest, open and positive communication with co-workers and managers, maintaining healthy work relationships
- No piercings,necklaces or earrings are allowed in all production areas.
- Only wired headphones are allowed with the volume low and only using one ear piece.
- Wear proper footwear everyday with in all production areas
- Offer to support coworkers and managers alike in the goal, consistent quality production, as well as in the goal of a supportive, cooperative and consistently pleasurable work environment
- No use of cellphones is allowed during work hours
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Sanitation knowledge, math skills, scale use, basic quality standards.
The job operates in a production environment. Employees are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, cleaning chemicals and loud machinery. Employees are expected to show up to work with good hygiene and proper attire. Production area employees are asked to wear protective clothing, as well as gloves, hair and beard nets when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand, walk, sit, stoop or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Lift and/or move objects up to 25-30 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 55-60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.