Production Support Specialist
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
The Opportunity at Volta Charging
We are seeking a Production Support Specialist to join our Service Operations Team. Service Operations’ mission is to maintain beautiful and reliable charging infrastructure and provide exceptional support to our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
The Production Support Specialist is responsible for managing the escalation of hardware and software issues to our engineering teams and vendors, implementing solutions to technical issues, and driving improvements that benefit our customers and internal stakeholders. The Specialist will help the business build improvements for the Customer Experience, operational efficiency and increased reliability of our charging network.
This position will report to the Director of Support and Analytics and can be based anywhere in the continental US.
In your first 90 days, you will
- You will become knowledgeable of the components that make up a charging station and the Volta app, and understand their failure modes
- You will develop relationships and build an escalation workflow and system with our Operations, Product and Engineering teams
- You will document the relationships between the hardware and software that make up the charging infrastructure
- You will start to build a knowledge base of solutions, and a ticketing workflow that spans Tier-1 to Tier-3
- You will have reached a level of proficiency with daily operations for your assigned network: Managing and debriefing work orders, dispatching technicians, running reports, as well as using reports to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- You will have established good working relationships with your peers, contractors, and stakeholders, and will be able to gather information, and influence as necessary to reach company objectives
- You will have started to identify opportunities for improvement within the operation and will be comfortable sharing those with your manager and team
After twelve months, you will have accomplished
- You will have developed structured issue management and knowledge management system
- You will have played a role in improving station reliability and customer satisfaction
- You will become the expert in key parts of our system that make up the customer experience
- You will have built tools and processes to accelerate issue detection and resolution
- You will play a role in requirements gathering and testing during product development
- You will have created reports for stakeholders that provide insights into incidents and bugs that inform business decisions
What you bring to Volta Charging
- You are mechanically and technically inclined: You are able to follow logic between the physical world (vehicles, chargers, etc.) and the software world to identify root cause and solutions
- You have an established track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule and adhering to the highest quality and standards
- Your knowledge of and experience with EV charging systems, electrical systems, and/or communications networking is a strong plus
- You are a pleasure to work with, and enjoy solving problems
- You seek to continuously improve, and want to help others be successful
- You are cognizant of cost implications and actively seek out solutions that benefit the bottom line
- You thrive in fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- You have strong writing, spreadsheet, and computer skills, a meticulous attention to detail, and are diligent in finding solutions
- Process improvement experience is a plus
- Experience with force.com platform tools is a plus