1906 New Highs is an innovative multi-state operator (MSO) in the fast-growing cannabis edibles industry. We produce, then license our suite of experience-focused, plant-based edibles (drops, beans, and chocolate peanut butter cups) to licensee partners in six states: Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, and Massachusetts. We have seen rapid growth to new markets in 2022. We are adding to our team to support these substantial growth plans. Including the addition of Ohio, and 4 other markets before close of this year. This new role will help accelerate our team’s progress.
As Production Supervisor, you will work hands-on with cross-functional team members (manufacturing supervision/staff, purchasing, R&D, sales, maintenance, etc.) to research and resolve issues that impact achievement of production schedules, and drive continuous improvement in the overall production scheduling process. This is a strategic role that will supervise, and develop Colorado Operations Talent for all operations from pre-production, production, and packaging, while maintaining the 1906 “no assholes” professional manufacturing culture.
The Production Supervisor will report to our Director of Operations.
- Lead Operations in determining most efficient utilization of production staff, through workforce schedule management and production planning
- Implement and maintain a performance improvement/employee development program
- Assist in implementation of an ERP system selection, and lead implementation
- Maintain inventory levels
- Assist Director and VP of Operations with employee policy procedures
- Collaborate to develop/update efficient, impactful Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervise equipment calibration and preventative maintenance
- Lead weekly/daily business reviews (including agenda, action items, and production calendar)
- Lead the daily CO Operations review, providing Daily Operations summaries to the manufacturing team, supply chain, and management.
- Implement 5S organization and HACCP evaluations across the Operation.
- Actively and systematically look to improve processes related to production scheduling and throughout in all facilities.
- 7+ years experience in high volume production for a food or nutraceutical organization
- Strong supervisory background, managing a team of 10+ direct reports
- Advanced in inventory management and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP
- Advanced experience working in MRP and/or IMS systems
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding units of measure, particularly metric system.
- Material processing experience, capable of following manufacturing instructions and executing dispensing of both powders and liquids to exact quantities.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High caliber of mechanical experience, troubleshooting, and/or repairing manufacturing equipment
- Experience leading an implementation of ERP systems and other manufacturing softwares/technical tools
- $75,000 - $85,000 base salary (dependent on experience), plus annual bonus based on performance.
- 15 days PTO, paid sick leave
- 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees.
- Dental and vision benefit options.
- Unlimited growth potential in one of the fastest growing industries! Cannabis is expected to hit $100 Billion in sales by 2030.
1906 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.