The Production Supervisor will oversee our organization’s production process operations. This will include, but not be limited to, safe oversight and operation of the production areas of the facility. This role will ensure the safe and optimized operation of packaging equipment used in processing food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to ensure that production operations remain smooth, methodical, and efficient. The role requires the ability to lead employees, organize the workflow in the Production Area, and work with other departments in a professional manner as well as scheduling equipment maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to set short- and long-term goals, and communicate them effectively to employees
- Strong knowledge of organizational workflow and ability to delegate by assigning responsibilities and making schedules
- Supervisory/Lead skills needed to oversee a team of 15-20 personnel and manage them effectively
- Supports operations by providing expertise, process validation, training, and guidance to production and quality assurance personnel to ensure successful production and product launch
- Responsible for mentoring, developing, and providing direction to direct reports
- Leads a team responsible in the design, development, testing, and qualification of manufacturing and packaging solutions that enhance and preserve product quality and manufacturability
- Responsible for mentoring, developing, and providing direction to direct reports to include, but not be limited to, establishing individual goals and conducting employee performance reviews
- Manage weekly time and attendance system for timely processing of employee payroll transactions
- Lead and implement LEAN Manufacturing practices.
- Commitment and execution of all Packaging operations in an efficient manner that also complies with State Regulations, FDA cGMP’s, OSHA regulations, Ayr Wellness SOP’s, and all applicable processing procedures (Batch records)
- Operational knowledge of all applicable and essential equipment and the ability to oversee and schedule regular maintenance
- Ability to author, populate, and submit batch records
- Oversee and ensure compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures
- Follow appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of dissimilar product strains and products while following Ayr Wellness SOP’s, and all applicable processing procedures (Batch records)
- Perform in-process sampling, results analyses, and visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceeds Ayr Wellness specifications and as per batch record requirements. Such work shall include but not be limited to:
- Record and analyze process conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures and quality objectives
- Oversee proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout Ayr Wellness process and document in NAV
- Support new product and process development work with our Process/Product Development group when necessary
- Monitor and manage processing equipment supplies and inventory
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
- Strong coaching and training skills to onboard new employees, including instruction on safety, e.g. how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Willingness to enforce compliance with safety guidelines and company standards
- Help author and review of batch records and SOPs as required to maintain compliance and good documentation practices
- Ability to understand and utilize digital inventory control systems
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Additional duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Ability to accurately analyze manufacturing costs is required
- Age: State law requires that applicants be 21 years old to work for a cultivation center
- Proven work experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- LEAN manufacturing experience is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years job-relevant experience with demonstratable business results is required
- Experience in the cannabis industry is preferred but not required
- Ability to collect and analyze data, and make process changes based on that data
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic—self-motivated and results-driven
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude)
- Priority Setting - Invests their time and others on what's important to deliver business results; quickly and effectively collaborates bringing together the collective intelligence of critical team members and prioritizes what needs to be done to reach the goal; quickly senses opportunities and obstacles in accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks and creates focus that drives success and results.
- Relationship Building - Viewed as a truthful individual who shares authentic and constructive feedback in a respectful manner in the spirit of being a force for good; builds mutual respect and trust by listening, learning, and acting with compassion to encourage others in discovering their genius; takes responsibility for mistakes and offers impactful solutions; recognizes personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks and openly welcomes feedback for continuous improvement and personal growth.
- Results Oriented - Empowered with the knowledge of their potential this person learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, analyzes successes and failures for continuous improvement, experiments and will try anything to find solutions that support an ecosystem of knowledge; enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Functional/Technical Skill - Possesses functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform at a high level of accomplishment; understands how their job function supports being a force for good
- No direct reports, but leads project teams
- Include standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds by themselves and 75+ pounds with a buddy, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment. Ability to be fitted for and wear protective gear.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.