Louis VuittonAlvarado, TX21 days ago
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in Texas and California where our focus is people, quality and safety. Our vision is "Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA".
Due to growth, our atelier in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking Production Supervisor(s) to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for executing the daily production plans and managing the day-to-day production activities for a team of artisans to deliver high quality products to our customers on a timely basis. This position will also be responsible for maintaining the team motivated while meeting safety, efficiency, productivity, cost while meeting quality and service standards. Responsibilities include effective communication with direct reports, peers, and management.
- Share LVUSM’s vision and core values in our day-to-day interactions internally and externally
- Advocate and cultivate change management initiatives throughout LVUSM
- Supervise manufacturing processes required in the production of Louis Vuitton fine leather goods.
- Coach, mentor and develop production associates, including Work Flow Leads, by providing feedback and identifying developmental opportunities as well as recognizing accomplishments.
- Communicate goals, policies and procedures with the team and helps the team understand the impact to the business
- Oversee and coordinates the daily work activities of the production associates
- Conduct daily morning briefs to discuss prior day’s goals for production, quality, and safety
- Maximize production objectives and ensures that efficiency, productivity, cost and quality standards are met
- Meet daily production goals and devises sustainable action plans
- Manage downtime, production levels, and communicates deviations and/or quality discrepancies to management
- Manage performance, absenteeism, and employee relations while partnering with Human Resources
- Ensure accurate entries for reconciliation of daily production, labor hours, and time and attendance
- Manage annual performance appraisal process for assigned
- Motivate and inspire associates to deliver excellence in a teamwork environment
- Perform weekly quality audits and ensure timely action plans to address quality issues
- Ensure the quality criteria is met in the production process and identifies quality related problems by performing root cause analysis
- Engage in new product development initiatives to meet the client’s needs within established time frames
- Ensure Louis Vuitton quality criteria are met in each step of the production process
- Champion environmental, health and safety policies for all associates, including ergonomics, equipment, compliance and training
- Understand team dynamics and build cross functional teams to capitalize on productivity and efficiency to meet project deadlines
- Maintain accurate production records as required by LVUSM’s policies and requirements
- Participate in occasional benchmark trips to European facilities, sharing best practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the company with cross functional teams
- Perform other duties as assigned as deemed necessary and dictated by business needs
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent related experience.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Bilingual English/ Spanish is preferred
- Must be self-driven and take initiative
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate ideas and influence direction
- Ability to motivate, develop, and lead change within teams
- Proven effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Proven knowledge of Kaizen and lean manufacturing concepts is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented, and continually changing environment