Supervises the activities and areas directly associated with liquids production including compounding, replenishment, automated systems, bulk storage, and dispensing areas to ensure safe, quality, and timely production. Organizes staff and material flow to optimize plant performance. Trains and coaches staff to achieve department and organization goals. Summarizes shift activities and leaves clear, concise information on any issues that need to be addressed by supervisors and group leaders on other shifts.
In this position you will:
- Supervises Group Leaders and hourly staff and their daily activities to ensure the timely production of liquid compounds.
- Organizes staff and material flow to optimize performance.
- Assists Scheduler(s) with prioritizing shop orders based on production capacity and customer demands.
- Monitors batch yields and initiates adjustments when necessary.
- Works with QC to resolve manufacturing or material problems.
- Adjusts finished compounds to comply with Quality Control specifications.
- Responsible for investigating any production non-conformances and customer complaints.
- Trains staff to identify and correct problems. Coordinates with Warehouse in obtaining on-time delivery of materials necessary for production.
- Develops staff; implements cross training for staff to ensure proper techniques and greater productivity. Monitors and enforces work rules, attendance, timecards and all policies and procedures.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape their own world? Who is interested in leadership opportunities and building effective teams? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- College degree is required.
- Knowledge of flavor industry raw materials, finished goods and hazardous materials associated with production and packing.
- Strong PC skills and working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems (SAP preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5+ years work experience in compounding; 2+ years supervisory in flavors manufacturing.
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Every essence of you enriches our world.
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.