This is an incredible opportunity to be an integral part of one of the fastest growing, and best companies in the world. At Tilray, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients and consumers. As industry leaders committed to offering clean, safe, and pure cannabis products, we engage in a collaborative culture that is fast paced, dynamic and highly motivating. If you’re looking to thrive in a new, rapidly growing and innovative space, we would love to hear from you. We are currently seeking a strong leader to join our Manufacturing team.
The Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, coordination of labour and scheduling of Manufacturing Associates to meet production targets and quality standards. The Supervisor of Manufacturing is also responsible for the training of staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues. In the course of their duties, the Supervisor will prepare a range of reports and hold responsibilities for the effective budgeting for their area. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Supervisor will ensure the ongoing success of the production area.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of Manufacturing Associates.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Prepare production and other reports and develop and manage operating budget for area of responsibility.
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of trades workers, laborers or other workers.
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in a related field with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
- Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff as required.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with multiple departments.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
Internal Candidates: For any internal applicants, we ask that you bring a hard copy of your resume with a supporting cover letter to the Human Resources Office, send a direct email to our Talent Acquisition Specialist or apply online at https://www.tilray.com/careers
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Tilray is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org