The individual will supervise production associates in an appropriate manner regarding all aspects of production including, delegating work assignments, prioritizing duties and scheduling employees to optimize production and sanitation functions as needed. A general knowledge and understanding of the Spray Drying production processes and excellent communication skills are essential to the successful fulfillment of the position requirements.
- Ensure all quality standards and procedures are maintained. Administer all quality procedures, GMPs, HACCP programs, environmental sanitation and housekeeping.
- Responsible for ensuring food safety and legality.
- Prepare manufacturing performance reports and track metrics.
- Involvement with cross-functional teams to build a culture of operational excellence in processing, productivity, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and quality.
- Oversee the appropriate training of new and current employees.
- Schedule production associates in a manner that achieves plant efficiency
- Review systems and processes to make appropriate recommendations to improve methods, equipment performance, utilization of personnel, quality of product and safety objectives.
- Serve as a technical resource to address and resolve inquires and problems regarding production, quality and safety as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork including records, sanitation, inspection, inventory, charts and maintenance work orders.
- Administration of related company policies and procedures.
- Active involvement in safety.
- Assist Quality with investigations, RCA and CAPAs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 3 years leadership experience with knowledge of drying powder systems is preferred
- Must possess the skills needed to plan, organize, direct and motivate people to ensure potential for further advancement through professional development
- Must have a proven track record as coach and counselor as well as key decision maker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently and take initiative to drive success, required
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S organization is a plus
The job responsibilities require the Production Supervisor to do a significant amount of walking while on the job. He/she will often be engaging employees on the production floor and, on occasion, perform duties of the production associates and maintenance in a secondary support role, if needed.
The plant environment involves working in conditions that may be noisy, wet, slippery, and hot.