In the last three years we have: quintupled revenue, created a new category of cannabis consumption with our swallowable pill format of 1906 Drops, created the world’s first edible for cognitive focus, and expanded to multiple markets across the country. We are currently seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members to grow with us.
1906 is dedicated to building a diverse team, and committed to promoting equity among people of color, particularly Black, African American, Hispanic, Latinix, Indigenous people, Women, Veterans, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people. Members of these groups are strongly encouraged to apply!
As a Production Lead, you will support our growing Manufacturing operations in Henderson, Colorado. It is the Production Lead’s core function to maintain the pace, quality of production and packaging to maintain product inventory. This position will report directly to the Production Manager and Director of Manufacturing.
Working Hours: To include but not limited to Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Lead the production team (5-7 technicians) to package both the individual units and master cases of several products to include but not limited to, solid chocolate, center filled chocolates, peanut butter cups, panned goods, pressed tablets and vape products.
- Assist the Production Manager with daily output reports, waste control and quality control.
- Confirm and issue to the packaging team batch labels, apply dynamic batch labels to all products and assign RFIDs as instructed.
- Ensure all required labeling is correct and accurate to MED specifications.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, set up and break down.
- Manage the cleaning of chocolate molds for the chocolate production line.
- Own and ensure all daily cleaning responsibilities and facility upkeep are to standard
- and complete.
- Maintain the highest safe food handling standards and GMP’s, coach the packaging line on constant improvements.
- Maintain all Marijuana Enforcement Division best practices and procedures within the
- scope of work.
- Maintain safe and positive work environment in compliance with OSHA, company
- standards, local, state and federal requirements.
- Assist the Production Manager and production team with any other duties assigned.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and recipes.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Self-starter and technical problem solver
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written English),
- Proven experience in quality and safety
- Team oriented with strong leadership abilities.
- Articulate and able to use the English language both written and verbal.
- 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience leading small teams in a production/manufacturing environment, to meet goals.
- At least 21 years of age
- ServSafe Safe Food Handler Certified or ServSafe Manager Certified.
- MED Badge (Pass FBI Background Check) in hand before first day of work
- Proven experience in quality and safety.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb ladders/stairs, and lift up to 25-50 lbs. frequently.
- Work in an environment with exposure to loud machinery
- Work in an environment with heavy particulate matter when blending powders (PPE provided).
- No peanut, tree nuts, soy or dairy allergy that can cause life threatening reaction.
- Ability to complete repetitive packaging tasks for 8-10 hours a day.
- Base hourly rate from $22 to $28; commensurate with experience.
- 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees
- Dental and vision benefit options
- 401k plus employer match
- Generous PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited growth potential in one of the fastest growing industries! Cannabis is expected to hit $100 Billion in sales by 2030.