The Production Assistant contributes to the dynamic and impactful visual presence of PETA's demonstrations, aligning with the organization's mission of advocating animal rights.
This position plays a vital role in the organization's creative department, supporting the production of literature, costumes, props, and demonstration materials for eye-catching theater-style demos.
The Production Assistant collaborates with designers to create compelling posters and banners, liaises with the Props Master and external vendors for prop and costume commissions, and actively participates in hands-on tasks, such as crafting and repairing costumes.
To support staff members in the Production department in coordinating and producing print items, costumes and props
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in procurement, creation and repair of department projects including but not limited to props, demonstration materials, and media mailings
- Schedule, route, organize, and archive all assigned production projects and ensure that jobs are completed on schedule
- Maintain and update project tracking in Asana
- Act as a liaison between designers, outside vendors, the mail room and job requesters
- Obtain bids and process print orders for assigned projects
- Perform quality control reviews of incoming print collateral
- Perform clerical duties for the department, including running errands, filing, mailing, photocopying, coordinating shipments and processing invoices
- Perform any other duties assigned by the manager or the director
- One year of print production (offset or quick-copy shop) or related design experience
- Desktop publishing or creative experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, reliability, and accuracy
- Demonstrated effective research skills
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
- COVID-19 full vaccination and booster recommended
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization