Reports To: Distribution Manager
Location: Groundworks Industries Production and Distribution Facility, North Portland
Schedule & Travel: Full-time, minimal travel within region
Groundworks Industries (GW) is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
We are actively recruiting to add a team member to our Distribution team!
The Production Assistant, Distribution ensures that all product is packaged and identified in compliance with State regulations and ensures that all aspects of orders are fulfilled in an efficient, accurate and compliant manner in timely communication with Sales and Distribution team members.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Contributes to optimistic and supportive team environment in a way that elevates morale, sharing concerns with management team when needed
- Attends departmental meetings as needed
- Assist Team Leads and Production Leadership as needed with duties within the scope of position
- Maintains a current understanding of organizational objectives and how their work informs those goals
- Actively ensures that their area of the business is functioning in a compliant manner, engaging the compliance team when needed, appropriately up leveling any concerns, and in a kind, positive manner holding their teammates accountable to standard of compliance as well.
- Contributes to the completion of production plan by following scheduling and assignments, accomplishing work tasks, and following established priorities
- Diligently follows all written work instruction including but not limited to product recipes and formulas, Standard Operating Procedures, checklists, and other instructions as needed
- Adheres to company's quality standards and actively reports any perceived variance in product quality in a timely and appropriate manner
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by practicing instructed use of all supplies, tools, equipment, while adhering to compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures that team members and facilities are prepped for next day production
- Follows company policies and procedures regarding work quality, dress code, and regulatory compliance
- Foster a collaborative spirit that allows for excellent cross-functional work and results
- Manage incoming Customer orders including: Receipt of Purchase Orders
- Creating packages in METRC with compliant Unique Identification tags
- Creating packages with accurate, In-House packaging and Strain/Product labels according to company guidelines
- Create products in METRC as needed
- Manage outgoing Customer orders including
- Match Transfer Manifest with purchase orders
- Compliant boxing of orders for delivery
- Notification when order is ready for delivery
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers as needed
- Continually seek efficiency gains and cost-savings across designated function
- Maintains accurate inventory and counts as needed to support efficiency
- Ensures product is tracked compliantly and accurately in all areas of work
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage a large volume of detail-oriented tasks across multiple locations and teams.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Motivation toward process improvement with an ability to be creative in streamlining process and flow of systems.
- Approachable, mindful, and positive.
- Familiarity with regulatory systems standard to the cannabis industry, and Microsoft software.
- Hold a valid Marijuana's Handlers Permit and Food Handler's Card.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the cannabis space.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have interest in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks' mission.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
Groundworks Industries and our family of brands are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are rooted in business needs, role requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, mental or physical disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need any assistance or accommodations in the application and interview process please reach out to us at HR@gw-ind.com or 971-254-4290, it would be our pleasure to partner with you!