Product Strategy & Analytics Lead
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
We are looking for a Product Strategy & Analytics Lead to partner with our Product, Engineering, and Design teams, helping Faire make data-driven product decisions. In this role, you'll leverage a unique combination of analytical skills, strategic problem solving, and business / product intuition across a variety of high-impact projects. You'll provide thought partnership to product, engineering, and design leads, using data to help launch new features or shape the future of our product.
What you’ll do
- Break down complex problems to uncover actionable insights
- Communicate and evangelize data driven insights to drive product strategy
- Proactively surface the most critical data-based questions and find creative ways for you and your teammates to answer them
- Set the standard for operational excellence around trustworthy and reliable data
- Provide thought partnership to product leads, engineering managers, and design leads to ensure product teams are using data thoughtfully and correctly
- Level up the Product Strategy & Analytics team through new and improved processes, training, coaching and more
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a quantitative role across analytics, data science, product, consulting, and finance.
- You are a strategic problem solver. You can break down ambiguous problems and apply a first principles approach to solving them.
- You are a strong communicator. You can crisply communicate actionable data-driven insights to all audiences.
- You have a solid analytical foundation. You can use SQL to query large datasets, have experience with A/B testing, and have strong analytical rigor.
- You have strong product and business intuition. You contextualize how insights fit into broader business goals and have a strong understanding of product and business metrics.
- You are scrappy and resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen.
- You are an extraordinarily fast learner. You have the natural curiosity and intellectual horsepower to deeply understand new topics and pick up new skills in a very short time.
- California / New York: the pay range for this role is $147,000 - $202,000 per year.
- Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $132,000 - $181,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)