Product Marketing Manager
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to join SEGA!
- SEGA seeks a sharp, analytical and creative individual with a passion for all aspects of mobile marketing.
- Thinking and executing across the entire consumer funnel you’ll be tasked with driving the go-to-market launch and growth plans. Partnering with Business Intelligence, Consumer Insight and User Acquisition teams you’ll influence product strategy and roadmap priorities to ensure our games exceed consumer needs and business objectives.
- You’ll be a highly organized self-starter, with excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of how to build and manage brands, bring games to market and optimize funnel performance as part of a games as a service function. Along with a keen eye for detail you’ll help guide creative strategy and provide actionable feedback to the design teams. You’ll be comfortable working with data and understanding how it can be applied to inform strategic decisions or iterate on designs.
- Collaborating with SEGA’s Western and Eastern development teams you’ll develop great consumer stories and drive holistic growth for a plethora of famous brands and innovative new IP. Come and help Sonic the Hedgehog reach millions of fans!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the go to market and growth strategies, delivering against brand awareness and paid/organic acquisition goals.
- Responsible for brand planning – defining consumer targets, market segments and competitive sets, in conjunction with the Consumer Insights team.
- Oversee the art direction for acquisition assets balancing creative quality with performance effectiveness
- Act as the brand/category evangelist; utilizes communication and influencing skills to gain agreement on key marketing aspects across all stakeholders.
- With Product Development, participates in the green light process by delivering all key marketing documents from the initial concept stages through to final design.
- Ensure goals and incentives are aligned across all teams including game studio, platform partnerships, marketing creative, lifecycle, paid acquisition, social and app store optimization
- Own app store creative, testing, optimization and conversion performance
- Produce First Party presentations, manage the day-to-day materials and manages asset approvals.
- Develop and execute brand partnership and sponsorships plans.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Growth Marketing to test store/landing page concepts to improve conversation rates and lower cost of acquisition.
- Analyze performance of all marketing programs to identify the best opportunities for optimization, and regularly iterate to improve performance.
- Stay up-to-date with video game, entertainment, social network and pop culture trends to continuously educate all stakeholders. Uses analysis and industry metrics to evaluate brand and category performance as well as identifying opportunities.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have managed mobile product launches. Preferably from product concept to release.
- Video game industry experience required, especially on mobile service-based games.
- Strong analytics skills paired with creative and aesthetic judgment.
- Detail oriented; possess good time management skills and business process management abilities. Should be able to prioritize quickly and adapt in a changing environment.
- Interface with all departments and levels within the company as well as outside vendors. Must be able to explain difficult/technical concepts and convince others to take action and/or change perspective
- Ability to put together strategic marketing presentations and evangelize them to all stake-holders.
- Ability to see trends, understands the competitive landscape, and has the aptitude to see the big business picture. Able to understand the perspective of the mobile game consumer.
- Ability to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the traditional business setting.