Product Marketing Lead
Universe opens up the possibilities of the internet to everyone. A magical grid that distills the web into simple Lego-like building blocks. With our app, anyone on earth can build a custom website or online store in seconds — without code, all from a phone.
We’re looking for an experienced product marketer to join our team and help us optimize our in-app marketing experience and feature marketing. This person should be a user-experience obsessed techie who can approach problems from both an analytical and a creative perspective.
As the first product marketer on the team, this person will build the foundation for how Universe approaches product marketing.
This role will report to the Marketing Lead and you will work very closely with the greater marketing team, as well as cross-functionally with our Design, Product, and Growth teams.
- Define the way our product and features show up in the world, including in our marketing assets, on our website, in the App Store, and more.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to define our product strategy and roadmap.
- Act as a liaison between Product and Marketing, facilitating decision-making for both teams.
- Own our feature release calendar and work with mission team leaders across Marketing to decide what is prioritized and marketed.
- Conduct competitive analysis to uncover opportunities to strengthen our product offering, determine areas of focus for product education, and create positioning recommendations for new features.
- Maintain documentation outlining the full scope of marketing real estate within our product.
- Understand how our product is used, both by hearing directly from creators and from collecting data insights.
- Be the voice of the user for all internal stakeholders.
- No need to have everything on this list, but we are looking for someone who has at least some of the following attributes:
- 4+ years of product marketing experience at a software company
- Direct experience conducting user research and using insights to drive strategic initiatives
- Strong data analysis skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Nice to have: prior experience with consumer-facing apps. Must have: lots of enthusiasm for the specific opportunity we're tackling at Universe!
MORE ABOUT US:
Our mission is to empower everyone to build the internet. Universe is a magical new way to build websites — it's the first website builder designed for phones. Our app makes it easy for anyone to make a great looking website and start selling online in minutes from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. And we make it as fun as playing with Legos! Give it a try: http://apple.co/Universe
We are a remote-first, 50+ person company with teammates spread out across the US and the world. We went through Y Combinator in 2018 and have raised $47M in funding to date from knowledgeable investors including Addition, Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Box Group, and Javelin Venture Partners.
MORE ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
We value individual agency and ownership — which guides our product design and our company's culture. While other companies offer lots of perks, we prioritize your freedom: work from anywhere, in the way you're at your best. We believe that an individual's capacity for growth is far larger than most understand, and we've designed an environment to support rapid, continuous learning. Ideas here come from everyone, initiative is respected, and quality matters. We are here to build something special and enduring.