The eCommerce team is looking for a star Manager who can help enable new capabilities to modernize and digitize the back end Digital Commerce experience across all our brands. The focus will be across all Business Units within our portfolio and will involve close collaboration with our brand teams, operations, IT, finance, and customer experience. This is a great opportunity to work on some iconic brands in the food & beverages space! This role is hybrid preferred in either White Plains, NY or Broomfield, CO but also remote eligible.
- Support design and delivery of backend ‘Direct to Consumer’ project across 2 initiatives
- Engage with cross functional stakeholders to create a complete picture of workflows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed technology initiatives
- Lead back end tech development across all of eCommerce including Digital Shelf PIM/DAM and IT SAP integration
- Assist in building the roadmap for all eCommerce products by bringing new capabilities and tech solutions to improve data metrics across all of eCommerce
- Manage 3rd party vendors, products and services required to support the roadmap. Drive evaluation and on-boarding process of these partners.
- Effectively communicate with business and product team members to drive alignment. Troubleshoot and solve consumer fulfillment experience issues.
- Collaborate with analyst and brand to receive site metrics (conversion rate, CAC, site speed, abd card %) and provide strategic solutions to improve acquisition
- Support Profitero/IRI integration to tie digital shelf metrics to sales
- You have knowledge of D2C, digital shelf, demand generation, order management/fulfillment and the overall eCommerce ecosystem
- Demonstrated experience building D2C sites and enabling new capabilities in global enterprise organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to translate product vision and customer experiences into functional requirements for both technical and non-technical partners and stakeholders
- You have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You approach all challenges as new learning and growth opportunities, with a solution-oriented mindset
- You are an inclusive culture creator, empowered to challenge, adapt and co-own Danone's future, connects through real dialogue, makes purposeful decisions to win in the market, and acts with a 'one team' mindset
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 4 years of experience in eCommerce, product management or a related field
- Experience with eCommerce tools like CommerceTools, Profitero, IRI
- Experience with implementing PIM/DAM systems
- Knowledge of SQL, Excel, VBA
The base compensation range for this position is $115,000 - $125,000 commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
ABOUT USAt Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.