TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms, schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Seattle Public Schools, Boston Public Schools, Buffalo Public School, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google, Forbes and are backed by Google, Eric Schmidt, AT&T, Cisco, and Stanford University to name a few.
We're at a critical inflection point in the organization's growth, our user base has grown exponentially in the past year while our team doubled and will double again over the next year. It's an important time to join our team and build on our momentum and ability to support students and families during this critical time in which education equity gaps are more concerning than ever. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
We have an awesome opportunity for a Product Manager that has experience managing consumer or K-12 ed tech products and wants to grow their skills! This highly collaborative role will contribute to the entire product lifecycle for our products that support teachers and families. As a Product Manager, you will:
- Manage product feature development from ideation to launch
- Execute product vision and roadmap
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and engineers
- Gather product requirements from stakeholders and customers
- Conduct market and user research
- Contribute to prioritization of the product roadmap
- Contribute to QA and validation
- Analyze usage data and metrics to determine and report feature success
- Create customer and stakeholder documentation
Who you are
- You have 2-4 years of experience managing consumer or educational technology products.
- You have experience in K-12 education.
- You are prone to action.
- You enjoy identifying and solving problems.
- You are highly analytical.
- You are empathetic and customer-focused.
- You have curiosity for technology.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
You also have experience
- Managing features through the product lifecycle end-to-end
- Delivering successful products to market and on time
- With Agile practices, including implementing/improving processes that increase efficiency
- Using market research, competitive analysis, and data to make roadmap decisions
- Using Jira, Product Plan, and other product management tools
- Presenting product roadmaps to stakeholders and customers
Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always Learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our full potential.
- Boldly Courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, benefits, and unlimited time off
- 401K match
- Annual professional development benefit
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and link to your LinkedIn profile.