Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT STRUCTURAL HEART
Our Structural Heart business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The PRODUCT MANAGER is responsible for developing and executing product strategy and tactical implementation of global initiatives for Abbott’s leading TRANSCATHETER MITRAL VALVE REPLACEMENT (TMVR) THERAPY. This includes development of marketing plans and activities that drive commercial success of the product in a manner that highlights differentiation and value. This “product champion” will be a steward of our TMVR brand, and a product representative to our internal regional marketing partners and external stakeholders/customers from around the world. You will be located at our Santa Clara, CA location or our Plymouth, MN location.
- Responsible for developing the franchise marketing plan and supporting the development of the product launch and therapy development plans for Transcatheter Mitral Replacement.
- Identify drivers of growth for Tendyne and develop multichannel commercial tactics in partnership with global upstream marketing and geographic commercial teams.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional partners in Upstream Marketing, Training & Education, R&D, Clinical, Regulatory, and in particular with our Regional Marketing and field partners to leverage successful marketing and sales programs, develop new programs and ensure initiatives have impact in the operating year.
- Development of awareness and education strategies to target referring physicians and patients.
- Development of awareness, education and trial programs for ICs and surgeons who currently are not implanting Tendyne or have not adopted Tendyne.
- Market research and analysis of referring physicians as well as customers currently implanting to develop customer segmentation model.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing Communications team to manage external agencies and freelancers to develop best-in-class channel marketing plans and tactics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or similar major
- 5+ years of product marketing and commercial launch experience within medical device or similar industry.
- Strong influence management skills—effectively influences a wide variety geographies/cultures including Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, Australia and Canada and functions including regulatory, sales, marketing, research, manufacturing and other cross functional
- Ability to uses conflict resolution skills to achieve results through cross functional groups.
- Excellent communication skills—has frequent contact with key opinion leaders and broad customer contact as well as interfaces with senior-level management from cross functional groups and geographies to facilitate product related decisions.
- Strong team player—ability to work as a key member of the global marketing team who is accountable to global marketing team as well as the product division and geographical marketing.
- Strong leadership skills—ability to function as the marketing “lead” on therapy, procedure and pipeline development.
- Project management skills—ability to manage complex projects and programs. Ability to pull the appropriate level, functional and geographic functions together to support initiatives.
- Analytical skills—ability to develop therapy and disease models, market and customer segmentation, pricing strategies/models and business metrics.
- Understanding of global medical device advertising and promotions regulatory process.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular disease, physiology and products.
- Knowledge/experience with customer base—cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR BENEFITS THAT ADD REAL VALUE TO YOUR LIFE TO HELP YOU LIVE FULLY: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.